Vicky is one of the two main antagonists (alongside Denzel Crocker) in The Fairly OddParents.
She is Timmy Turner's mean sixteen-year-old babysitter. Her really menacing behavior towards Timmy is one of the reasons - if not the main reason - that he has fairy godparents and most of his wishes involve getting revenge, or simply getting around her. Vicky is typically hired when Timmy's parents make a hasty getaway trip to one of their "adults-only" destinations, leaving Timmy in her cruel hands.
Vicky is voiced by Grey DeLisle, who also voices her sister Tootie and many other characters. Vicky also had a cameo appearance in the extended version of A Fairly Odd Movie: Grow Up, Timmy Turner!, A Fairly Odd Christmas, and A Fairly Odd Summer, where she is portrayed in live-action by Devon Weigel.
Sadly, she got flanderized from season 6 until the show's cancellation while also having a severe reduction in screen time, despite still appearing in the show's intro and outro sequences.
Why She Was Intentionally Icky with a V and a Twerp
- Despite still appearing in the show's intro and outro sequences, she has much less focus in these seasons, as she is only put in certain episodes, to the point that Mr. Crocker had taken over her roll as the show’s main antagonist starting in season 7.
- Her "evil babysitter" gag has been completely flanderized, as she has gone from a sadistic bully who enjoys messing with Timmy to a total psychopath who flat out tries to kill him, almost as if she is Satan, which makes for unpleasant and unfunny attempts at providing humor. Before, the worst that Vicky would do to Timmy (or any child that she babysat) was property damage and pin the blame on him, force him to do chores, or even just simply send him to his room without dinner and watch TV, while her job entailed at keeping him both alive and in one piece, as she only saw her job as a means to make money, not to inherently hurt Timmy, while Timmy would often bend around her in the cleverest way possible. She also occasionally had a softer, kinder side, to the point that she (temporarily) teamed up with Timmy in one episode in season 3. Now, she is only defined simply by her "evil" stereotype, to the point that other villains like Crocker, Foop, and even Dark Lazer fear her for the sake of showcasing this fact.
- In "Open Wide and Say Aaagh!" (the episode that started her flanderization), she says she would not only yank out Timmy's tonsils, but also literally kill him. Yes, seriously.
- In "Vicky Gets Fired", after Timmy's parents watch the footage of Vicky destroying their videotape that they were saving to use for their own reality show, they fire her from babysitting their son. She tries to find another job, despite already having other children to babysit and, in each job, she is fired until she is so powerful, to the point she becomes "Dark Empress of Everything that Breaths", which is a poorly executed parody of Darth Vader from Star Wars.
- In "Frenemy Mine", after Timmy saves her life, which gets her expelled from the "B.R.A.T.S." group, she warms up to Timmy, but in a bad way, as she begins aggressively stalking him to the point of not letting anyone else near him, which is not only inappropriate (especially since she's 16 years old and Timmy is 10 years old), but also weird and annoying. Isn't this something that her little sister, Tootie, would do?
- Speaking of Tootie, neither she nor Vicky are shown interacting with each other at all in these seasons, despite the fact that they are sisters.
- In "Scary GodCouple", after Foop becomes Vicky's fairy godparent (which is a continuity error by the way, as Foop is an anti-fairy and anti-fairies are not allowed to be assigned to children as they are evil), they proceed to terrorize all of the children in Dimmsdale.
- In Odd Pirates, she buries Timmy in the ground and just leaves him there.
- In some episodes, like "Fairly OddPet", "Dumbbell Curve", and "The Big Fairy Share Scare", she is just shoehorned in as a generic evil plot device for a brief scene or two.
- She is at her absolute worst in "Certifiable Super Sitter", where she actively tries to kill Timmy and Chloe Carmichael. She even tortures Timmy's dad, referring to him as the "man with the weird hat", who has also hit rock bottom in the same episode in which he is portrayed as a mentally disabled man child with poor vocabulary. Doesn't the man with the weird hat sound familiar to you?
- Vicky and Timmy's Dad also seem to not know each other in said episode because the writers clearly wanted it that way.
- She was a better villain in the first five seasons, as well as the Oh Yeah! Cartoons pilot shorts and redeemed herself in Fairly Odder.
- She is still tolerable and has her original personality and funny moments in many episodes, such as "Wishology!", "Mice Capades", (depending on your opinion) "When Losers Attack", etc.
- She still gets her comeuppance for her antics.
- Her character design is still nice to look at.
- Grey DeLisle still does a great job voicing her.
- It's pretty clear that Butch Hartman flanderized Vicky to make the audience and fans hate her so they will root for Timmy, even in the last 2 seasons, sort of.
- She does admittedly still have a handful of funny moments in the series.
- The Fairly OddParents characters
- Destructive characters
- Cartoon characters
- Bad characters from good media
- Characters who can't take criticism
- Abusive characters
- Child abusers
- Characters who should be in juvie
- American characters
- Egotistic characters
- Nickelodeon characters
- Aware of how bad they are
- Annoying characters
- Mean popular girls
- Mischievous characters
- Bossy characters
- Immature characters
- Unlikable characters
- Characters from 2000s media
- Characters from 2010s media
- Bad versions of good characters
- Butch Hartman characters
- Grey DeLisle characters
- Unintentionally unsympathetic
- Hate sinks
- Flash animated characters
- Characters with good voice acting
- Hilarious characters