(Redirected from User:Yūki/sandbox/Amy (Cuties))Jump to navigation Jump to search
Warning! This article is NSFW!
This article may contain content unsuitable for readers under eighteen years or older.
Amy is the main protagonist of the controversial Netflix film, Cuties.
Why She Sucks
- Amy is supposed the protagonist that the audience is going to sympathize or relate to, but the way she was written and portrayed makes it harder to feel bad for her.
- Despite being bullied by Angelica and her friends, she still decide to hang out with them for no reason.
- As for the main problem with the film, Amy is too young to be joining a dance group that relies on twerking. Which is believed to be a red flag since twerking is considered to be a sexual dance style, and the age of consent in France is 15. Think about it.
- Some would debate that the popular girls influenced her to do immoral things, but Amy did those for her own choice and gets away scot-free:
- Pushed a person to a river while staring blankly as she drowns.
- Stabbed a classmate with a pencil.
- Scoffed at her mother as she felt down the stairs.
- Twerking towards to the security guards to go inside the laser tag.
- Took her undergarments off and shared it to Instagram.
- Even if she wasn't poorly written, Amy is still a "bullied protagonist" caricature.
- Amy's redemption felt anti-climactic and forced. After performing the dance during tryouts, she came to a realization thinking she doesn't want to dance like a stripper or follow her family's traditions.
- Even after everything she's done, Amy didn't learn from the consequences of her actions. Not even being treated like a monster by her classmates nor therapy.
- She doesn't seem to be bothered about the nude photo she shared online.
The Only Redeeming Quality
- It was a surprise that Fathia Youssouf did a decent performance. Which is not very common for child actors.