NOTE: Yes, I know that he's a villain and they are designed to be unlikable, but Kylo is a pathetic character, regardless if he is a villain or not.
Kylo Ren (also known by his birth name, Ben Solo) is a character in the Star Wars franchise introduced in Star Wars: The Force Awakens. The son of Han Solo and Leia Organa and nephew of Luke Skywalker, he was seduced to the dark side by Supreme Leader Snoke.
Why He Sucks
- He is an incompetent and whiny psychopath who throws temper tantrums on certain occasions, making him a really pathetic and unintimidating villain in comparison to other Star Wars villains.
- He has no reason to be evil, but decides to be evil anyway... because Luke Skywalker tried to kill him in his sleep?
- Kylo is very inconsistently portrayed, on the one hand being a dark side user so powerful and disciplined that he can freeze a blaster bolt in mid-air for several minutes without any apparent effort and strong enough that he could defeat Luke Skywalker and his apprentices in combat, while on the other hand he is shown as unstable, undisciplined and able to be defeated by Rey, who didn't even know that the Force was a thing earlier that day.
- Many felt the removal of his mask in The Force Awakens was very premature and underwhelming.
- He destroys his mask in The Last Jedi, which gave him an identity and showed how devoted he was to striking fear into others and how much he idolized Vader. He didn't need it to breathe like Vader. It was a symbol, but now it's gone.
- His relationship with Rey felt forced and wasn't well developed or long enough for her to decide to go risk her life to save him despite the fact that he had previously killed Han Solo and injured Finn.
- He only wears his helmet just to hide his identity, meaning that he is basically a coward.
- Adam Driver delivers a good performance as Kylo Ren.