Chris McLean is one of the two hosts of "Total Drama", with the other being Don. He was a decent character in the first three seasons, but his characterization derailed since Revenge of the Island where he would be portrayed as a sociopathic sadist.
Why He Sucks
- Chris gave the Mutant Maggots the win for blowing up the winner's cabin, even though the Toxic Rats made it to the campgrounds first.
- Chris revealed embarrassing secrets of Sam, Brick, and B(everly). If neither of the other contestants fessed up to their secrets, then they would be fed to Fang. Whoever told the truth would be electrocuted.
- Chris made Dakota one of his interns to the extent that she became Dakota-Zoid after she was exposed to toxic chemicals.
- Just as Anne Maria was about to change her mind on not quitting the season, Chris hurled her and Brick off the island.
- Even though Scott had it coming for his actions, Chris made Scott ride the Hurl of Shame with Fang. This rendered Scott immobile for the rest of the season.
- Chris sicced his mutant animals on the eliminated contestants.
- In the final scene of the fourth season, Chris detonated the bomb that was supposed to blast Chef Hatchet and the 13 contestants from that season. However, the joke was on him as the bomb was placed under the dock, therefore blowing him off the dock and landing him in prison for dumping toxic waste on Camp Wawanakwa. Despite his arrest, the producers chose Chris to host the next seasons.
- Chris placed Gwen on the Villainous Vultures for being a "boyfriend stealer", despite her good behavior in the past.
- Chris constantly calls Gwen evil for accidentally hurting Courtney.
- Chris once had an offspring with Larry with one of the heads looking like Chris.
- Chris rigged the "Wheel of Misfortune" in "Suckers Punched" just so everyone (except for Zoey, who was exempt from the challenge, and Mike and Cameron, who swapped fears) can be pitted with their fears. Even Gwen and Courtney were paired with each other, despite the fact that they forgave each other for the events of season 3.
- In order to stir up drama between Courtney and Gwen, the same scene had Chef and Chris, with some assistance from The Producers, showed clips of Duncan and Gwen's kissing.
- Chris called the police on Duncan for blowing up Chris' mansion, even though Chris had it coming for his behavior.
- Chris sent Gwen to Boney Island just for refusing to spend another night in the mansion.
- According to Chris, his prison sentence made the challenges even more dangerous.
- Chris changed the rules in "Sundae, Muddy Sundae", even though Courtney was about to win.
- Chris disqualified Gwen for destroying his portrait.
- Chris let the eliminated contestants that season (minus Cameron, Gwen, Heather, and Alejandro) float into the sun. However, Fresh TV confirmed that they were okay.
- Chris refused to let Samey be pronounced as "Sammy".
- Despite having a season's worth of singing in the past, he refused to let Ella sing.
- He even threatened to disqualify Ella if she did. This was successful when Sugar goaded her into singing in order to release Dave from the bear's grasp.
- Chris staged Topher's elimination, by posing as one of the producers.
- While some fans argue that Topher had it coming for trying to steal Chris' job, even though Chris wasn't a very nice person after all, this move would negatively impact Chris' career in real life.
- At the merge, Chris fed the final 7 sone Juggy Chunks, which consisted of expired meat and mayonnaise from the 1970s.
- When Scarlett became evil, Chris refused to rescue the contestants, caring more about his frappuccino machine.
- In the final episode of Total Drama before the show went into spin-offs, Chris rigged the finalist helper selection so that Shawn gets Jasmine, and Sky (after two tries) gets Dave. He does this just to show Jasmine Shawn's confessionals about his plans, and some of Sky's audition tape to Dave so he can learn about Sky's boyfriend Keith. This move didn't sit too well for Dave, who wanted to try and hurt Shawn and Sky as revenge. However, Dave wanted to hurt Sky even more.
- Chris ends Total Drama unpunished for what he did to Shawn, Jasmine, Sky, and Dave.
- Chris was seen as a legend to some fans.