Jump to navigation Jump to search
Why He Needs to Leave
- He and his wife Grace barely have any sense of humor and are easily-offended, since these are proven by the fact that Trip will not only kick you out if you say slang terms, but will also kick you out if you say genitals (such as vagina, nipples, penis, or anus), and Grace will also look at you with an extremely angry face.
- He will also kick you out if you say balls, masturbate, bang, etc.
- Hypocrisy: As mentioned above, he will kick you out for mentioning various genitals. However, he will not kick you out for mentioning breasts or buttocks. He won't even kick you out for saying rape jokes or anything offensive.
- He is wrong in practically all of the arguments:
- While we have never met his parents, Trip is ashamed of them because they are not "rich". While it is true that they are not rich and are if anything, slightly poor, this is a somewhat cruel reason for him to hate them.
- For Grace's parents, Grace does not like them because they spoiled her. However, Trip likes them because they are classy, ignoring the truth regarding their personalities.
- You can get partly blamed for giving someone bad advice. Yes, it is their choice and it is not entirely your fault, but you should still be partly blamed because you still were the one who gave advice.
- You are not allowed to "flirt with other people for fun". While it is arguable that it is harmless to the person you are in a relationship with, the problem is it can be considered playing with other people's feelings, and is overall just pointless.
- Trip thinks that marriage is about saying yes to the other person (essentially doing what they think you should do), even if you are not sure of it, which is obviously untrue since you have the right to have your say in what happens in your marriage.
- You can listen too much to the other, it's best to sometimes listen to yourself and other people.
- The place looks pretty boring, especially considering that there's not a lot of variety in it. It also does not even have a television or computer.
- The Italy photo sucks considering how boring and useless it is.
- He had no right to plan the Italy trip the weekend of Grace's friend's art show.
- He thinks that if you're married, you and your spouse have to want the same things, which is completely wrong.
- He constantly suggests that Grace is some kind of horrible person, even though she is not. It is true Grace did bad things in the past, and she does have some bad qualities (as mentioned here), but she's not outright a bad person, unlike Trip.
- He even accuses Grace of thinking that he's not good enough, and said that it was because he didn't come from a rich background, which comes out of absolutely nowhere. Grace never did anything to suggest this, in fact, if anything this is the opposite of Grace, considering that she respects his parents who are also poor like Trip.
- He kept being a bartender a "secret" for no reason whatsoever.
- He is a manipulator as he manipulated Grace into marrying him and to go into advertising instead of art, which is her dream job. While it was revealed that she let him do this, it doesn't mean he still should have tried to convince her in the first place.
- He committed infidelity with Maria, a client in Barcelona.
- To be fair though, Grace isn't so innocent either, as she also committed infidelity.
- He occasionally has problems with listening to suggestions, usually he is good at listening to them, but occasionally he doesn't take things well, making him come off as extremely inconsiderate and rude.
- He is a possible low-budget rip-off and carbon copy of James Sunderland from Silent Hill 2, due to the fact Trip looks like him as both men share identical appearances (blonde hair, green eyes and clothing), and there's even a character in Façade named Maria for some reason, and Trip will kick you out if you mention that name.
- He does have some fair reasons to kick you out, such as you kissing him or Grace, or you saying slurs.
- In addition, he at least does not tolerate the homophobic slur faggot.
- After a while, he doesn't kick you out immediately after doing/saying the things mentioned on WHNL#1.
- You can feel bad for him for being somewhat poor at times, even if he blames it on his parents too much.
- To be fair, given that he is a character from a 2005 game, it isn't really surprising he's unlikable and unfair.
- While he doesn't make any points related to the sex argument, this is one of the few arguments where he at least doesn't make unfair points, although in this case, he doesn't make points at all.
- Despite his exaggerative accusations about Grace and him being wrong in the arguments, he does actually love Grace.
- He is right in some (though few) arguments:
- He is right that you should not change someone in a marriage.
- He may or may not be right in the argument regarding whether or not you should help your spouse be the better way to be, even if they don't want it. While it could be fine if Grace is talking about being a better or healthier person, it is questionable otherwise.
- Façade credits
- See video 2