Tori Vega (Victorious)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Tori Vega was the main character in Victorious. Unfortunately, her character was badly scripted due to her not being the most talented of the group. (This does not apply to the actress who played her)
- She takes advantage of students of lower status.
- She is extremely self-absorbed.
- For example, she steals Andre's song and then offers to share credit with him, even though it wasn't hers in the first place.
- She often whines about things being too hard and expects everything to fall right in her lap. In TTSW she even tries to cheat so that she can be in plays by taking advantage of her friends.
- She basically ruined the ending of TTSW with her usual "saving the day by singing".
- She kissed two of her friends' boyfriends in front of them. (Albeit one of them was on impulse.)
- Most of her jokes are about food, and they get repetitive and unfunny quickly.
- She and Jade always do illegal things, but they almost never get consequences.
- In one episode, Tori breaks into a store, hits a man in the eye with her shoe, opens tubs of ice cream without paying for them, and then makes a mess with the ice cream she opened. In the end, she receives no consequences.
- She hangs a little girl from the ceiling just because her mother was apparently ruining the play.
- She practically destroys a man's car just for a reality show.
- She and the rest of the group escape from prison, of course, by singing and dancing.
- Suprisingly, unlike Jade where she would often get at least small consequences for bullying and harassing her friends, Tori would almost always get away with bullying her friends with no consequences.
- She freaks out about auditions and roles and then receives them all.
- She gets more vocals than Cat, Jade, Robbie, Andre, and especially Beck.
- The irony is that whenever she would be part of a duet, she always gets overshadowed by the other singer.
- She makes it look easy to break into show business when it really isn't.
- She and Cat had horrible chemistry, depending on what you think.
- Her actress supposedly bullied Ariana Grande on set. (she claims otherwise, but this is what we are sure of so far)
- In "Jade Gets Crushed" she agrees with Andre to not choose Cat for his song, rather than reminding him that Cat is equal to the group. Ok, so Cat is stupid, but since when is she untalented?
- She is seen taking the spotlight away from Cat a lot.
- There are times where she would flat-out put her top priority over those of her best friends.
- The best example of this is in the episode "Prom Wrecker", where she cancels a play that Jade is producing (which was a big deal to her) for a prom, and proceeding to get mad at Jade for it. It gets to a point where Jade's actions in the episode are almost justifiable.
- And again, that ridiculous moment where she simply decided she could share Andre's song and used it to get a record deal.
- She also insisted on correcting Melinda Murray and got Beck fired.
- She was pretty unlikable in "Brain Squeezers" along with Jade.
- Hypocrisy: When her friends ask her to help them, she groans and walks away, but expects everyone to help her as soon as she asks them.
- In 1,000 Berry Balls, when Cat begs her to help her, she ignores her tells her to go ask Jade. What if she was dying? (real great friend there, Tori!)
- In Begging on Your Knees, she forces Andre to write her a song, and doesn't care that it's his Grandfather's birthday. (again, real great friend!)
- Even with her unlikable persona aside, she can be surprisingly boring at times, since compared to other characters in the show, with Robbie being an awkward doofus and Cat being an aloof airhead, she has very little to help her stand out. This is a major problem since the entire show is meant to be about her.
- She still isn't without her likeable moments.
- She still has some talent, as Trina does admit to her younger sister that she is a really good and better singer than her in the Pilot.
- She is more tolerable in the 3rd season of Victorious, making her decently likable as a result.
- She never shows up in Sam and Cat or any other Nick shows. Her actress does get a role in "The Boy Who Cried Werewolf":
- She never ends up with Beck, even when they were about to kiss in Tori Goes Platinum, Tori decides not to, not wanting to hurt Jade, causing Jade to see Tori as a good friend, at times, and Tori was happy when Jade and Beck got back together in Tori Fixes Beck and Jade.
- Jade and Tori do get karma, (once in a blue moon) like when they had to walk Festus home after destroying his car for The Wood.
- After the show's cancellation, Victoria Justice, the actress who played Tori, flopped and never got big roles.