Tootie is a recurring character in the first seven seasons of The Fairly OddParents. She is the younger sister of Timmy's evil babysitter, Vicky, and is one of Timmy's love interests. She is obsessed with the main character, has tons of Timmy-related store bought merchandise (even though Timmy is not famous), dreams of kissing him and eventually marrying him, and gets a bit jealous when she sees Timmy with another girl. She endures torture from her sister in the same way Timmy does (but unlike Timmy, Tootie doesn't have fairy godparents), and is stated in the season 5 episode "Birthday Wish!" to be twice as miserable as him. Tootie is voiced by Grey DeLisle, who also voices her sister Vicky and many other characters. Tootie also made appearances in A Fairly Odd Movie: Grow Up, Timmy Turner!, A Fairly Odd Christmas, and A Fairly Odd Summer, where she is portrayed in live action by Daniella Monet.
Sadly, she got flanderized in seasons 6 and 7, to the point where she stopped appearing in the show altogether outside of cameos and live-action movies.
Why She Was Intentionally Creepy in a Bad Way
- Her iconic diva-shaped glasses have been changed to round-shaped glasses for no seemingly discernible reason other than the fact that the story boarders and animators clearly wanted it to happen/change. Why fix something that isn't broken?
- Her voice is still annoying to listen to at times, due to her voice actress, Grey DeLisle, saying the majority of her lines in a squeaky and shrill manner, and it's even worse when she's yelling or crying.
- She has been flanderized from a nerdy, yet nice girl who has a crush on Timmy with occasional stalking tendencies into an obsessive and psychotic stalker that can rival Phoebe from Kid vs. Kat, with all of her nice qualities dropped out the window. As a result, her running gag of having a crush on Timmy went from being amusing to being creepy and uncomfortable. Why go from a decent stalker to a more annoying one?
- Tootie used to be caring towards Timmy in the earlier seasons and would occasionally defend him, but now, she goes out of her way to ruin Timmy's day by constantly stalking and harassing him. Examples:
- In the episode "Dread 'N' Breakfast", she constantly harasses Timmy in an attempt to get him to kiss her. In fact, this episode marked the moment where Timmy referred to Tootie as one of his enemies when she's actually his stalker.
- In the episode "He Poofs He Scores", she admits to stalking Timmy every night while cheerleading for the soccer team.
- In the episode "Take and Fake", she disguised herself as Trixie and lied to Timmy that he got invited to Trixie's party and unveiled her disguise when he got kicked out of Trixie's mansion, prompting him to spring her out of the house, not caring what her therapist told her. When the real Trixie shows up outside the door, she does the same thing to Timmy that he did to Tootie, showing that Trixie never invited him.
- In the episode "Lights Out" (which was her final major appearance in the show), she is shown physically abusing Timmy. Isn't this something that her big sister Vicky would do?
- Speaking of Vicky, the writers seem to have completely forgotten that Vicky and Tootie are supposed to be siblings, and the two are never shown interacting with each other in those seasons at all.
- Unlike her big sister, Tootie doesn't get comeuppance for her actions, nor does she apologize to Timmy for her poor treatment of him, making her a karma houdini.
- She was a better character in the first five seasons, as well as the Oh Yeah! Cartoons pilot short "The Fairy Flu!", as while she was still somewhat portrayed as Timmy's stalker, she still remained likable in those seasons for the most part and would eventually get redemption in the three live-action movies.
- Her appearances in "Merry Wishmas", "Squirrely Puffs", "One Man Banned", and "The Boss of Me were passable.
- She still cares and loves Timmy Turner, despite being a stalker in these seasons.