|This page needs some cleaning up to meet Loathsome Characters Wiki's quality standards.|
The following reason has been specified: some weak pointers
"I hate Kirby and I love being rude."— Tokkori, Kirby: Right Back At Ya!
Tokkori is a character in the Kirby series, appearing only in Kirby: Right Back at Ya!. He is characterized as a selfish (and sometimes cruel) bird that often uses Kirby just for protection purposes. He was voiced by Fujiko Takimotio in Japanese, and Kevin Kolack in the English dub.
Why He's a Bad, Bad Bird
- He's annoying, selfish, snotty and whiny and is always shown to be cranky and grumpy all the time.
- Just like King Dedede and Escargoon, he's a male example of the mean popular girl trope. However, King Dedede and Escargoon are actually likable.
- He also can be considered a Scrappy too.
- He's always rude and snotty to Kirby and he loves to torture him by pestering him, tormenting him and picking on him.
- Not only is he rude and snotty to Kirby, but he's also mean to the civilians of Cappy Town too as he makes them feel bad. Not to mention, he likes to think that he's better than anyone else.
- He's also a huge jerk towards Tiff and Tuff too.
- In "A Blockbuster Battle", he refuses to let Kirby borrow his nest when it started to rain and he even said that Kirby should stay homeless in the Japanese dub.
- He stole Kirby's house by kicking him out of it. He rarely lets Kirby sleep in his own house.
- In "Watermelon Felon", he accuses Kirby for taking his bed right under his beak when Tokkori actually stole Kirby's bed from the start.
- To make matters worse, in "Kirby Takes The Cake", he told Kirby that nobody likes him and that he's an outsider to the point where he made Kirby cry.
- Not only is he a jerk, but he's also lazy as well. In fact, he's one of the laziest characters in the show, thus making Tokkori useless. That makes Navi the Fairy more useful in comparison.
- He forces Kirby to sleep in his nest.
- He also forces Kirby to clean up his own house for him.
- Going back to "A Blockbuster Battle", he tries to sabotage Kirby's attempts at work. He even dropped a vase on him as well.
- He is just a plain Idiot Houdini, he thinks he's the only one who doesn't like Kirby, when King Dedede also dosen't like Kirby.
- Hypocrisy: In Prediction Predicament Part II, he told Kirby before the world ended that they have been the best of buddies, when yet, it's the other way around.
- He has a grating voice in both English and Japanese. As a result, he wasted the talents of Kevin Kolack and Fujiko Takimoto. Even Chris Thorndyke is much more redeemable than him, due to his personality.
- Tokkori sometimes receives no comeuppances for his actions. That makes him a Karma Houdini.
- Like most of the other characters in the anime, he never appears in the video games (although in his case, it might be for the best).
- His mere existence is pointless, as there was already a bird character in the Kirby games that could have been in the anime, Pitch. In fact, you can easily replace him with Pitch as we mentioned before and the anime would still be the same. The only difference is that Pitch would help Kirby out whenever he needs to and never take his house.
- On that note, while passable, his design feels very out-of-place and looks nothing like a character from Kirby, as he looks more like a character out of Precure or Sakura's Quest.
- He actually did help out in a couple of episodes.
- Deep down, he actually loves and cares for Kirby very much, and they can't live without one another.
- He would sometimes let Kirby sleep in his own house.
- In "Kirby Takes The Cake", he felt bad for kicking Kirby out of Cappy Town as he eventually learned from his mistake and tried to get Kirby back.
- He did redeem himself and did take a level in kindness afterwards.
- The way he says "Huh?" is actually pretty funny.
- Unlike many Karma Houdinis, at least he does get what he deserves most of the time. Thankfully.
- While somewhat out-of-place, like any Kirby character, he has a nice design.
- Tokkori has been widely hated for his selfish, hotheaded, grumpy and somewhat whiny attitude in the anime and for always making things worse for Kirby, and is considered to be the worst character in said anime, even to this day.