Tim Avery (Son of the Mask)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Tim Avery is the main protagonist of the critically panned 2005 movie, Son of the Mask.
Why He Sucks
- He's a very dumb father who can't take care of Alvey (or even Otis) properly.
- His appearance while wearing the mask looks ugly and scary. He doesn't look like The Mask himself, but more like Jamie Kennedy with green makeup and bad hair.
- Speaking of which, he serves as the replacement for the previous film's protagonist, Stanley Ipkiss. And not only does he try so hard to be the new Stanley only to miserably fail and instead feel like a cheap knock-off Stanley, but he also manages to be an incredibly obnoxious, aggravating, and overall unlikeable protagonist.
- Aside from him being supposedly a newer version of Stanley Ipkiss and his alter-ego from the last movie, he also feels like somewhat of a Freakazoid knockoff due to some personality traits that are nearly similar to Freakazoid despite resembling Stan's alter-ego (these include his mannerisms, his goofy/childish plans of action, and for how he is meant to be a total loser with an awesome side to him), except that his "mask" characteristic is just as annoying, poorly-written and unappealing as Tim in his human form.
- He'd rather spend time indulging himself with cartoons than taking care of Alvey, in which resulted in him getting attacked by Alvey.
- He also has a very unfunny personality; this is shown the most when he fights Loki and making tons of lame jokes.
- He does a very bad job at entertaining people with some extremely stupid and cringe-inducing rapping.
- He tries so hard to be the new Stanley from The Mask but fails by a long shot.
- He literally, if not completely wasted the talent of Jamie Kennedy.
- Especially when he behaves like a manchild with such a whiny voice that it hurts to listen to.
- The worst offender to his acting is his egregiously unpleasant yelling.
- He does not even do his work properly, he got fired for making something he shouldn't have.
- He's also a complete jerk because he did try to punish his son by throwing him into a hospital for all the powers he attacked him with.
- He permanently killed The Mask franchise.
- He nearly tried to feed Alvey broken glass when accidentally breaking a lamp while mistaking it for a baby bottle.
- He did at least try to take care of Alvey even when it wasn't an order from his wife.
- He does save his son at the end.