The Westergaard Family
Jump to navigation Jump to search
The Westergaard Family of the Southern Isles are the unseen major antagonists in the Frozen franchise.
Why They Suck
- Hans' father knows about how much Hans gets abused by his older siblings, but he does nothing to solve it, and encourages violence.
- Hans' parents are neglectful or unwilling to spend time with him.
- Hans' brothers are too neglectful of their wives, and treat Hans like trash, just because he's the youngest.
- Not only is The King mean towards his family, he also abuses his royal status by beating up his subjects, killing them, or torturing them.
- They make Prince Hans look like a saint in comparison. In fact, they could've been the reason what made Hans the evil villain he is.
- The Queen and Lars are probably the only likable members of the Westergaards.
- It's possible that the King and the rest of Hans' brothers ultimately realized that they were responsible for causing Hans' descent into villainy and were merciful with him, allowing him to keep his royal status and giving him a lighter punishment. This is supposition is partly because we can see in Frozen Fever that Hans was sentenced to clean up the horse stables and was allowed to keep his royal clothes instead of wearing stable hand clothes.
- Since Hans lied about so many things, Anna will assume that Hans is exaggerating his abusive family, so she thinks the best solution is to send him back to sort it out. The sad part is, Hans' told the truth for once, so he'll be stuck with his abusive family for the rest of his life. Not that Elsa, Anna and Kristoff know about this.
- As you can see on the family tree, some people, like Hans' grandparents, committed incest.