The Warriors Three (Marvel Cinematic Universe)
The Warriors Three (Volstagg, Fandral and Hogun) were a team of elite Asgardian warriors and recurring characters in the Thor films.
Vlostagg was portrayed by David Brimmer, Fandral was portrayed by Zachary Levi and Joshua Dallas, and Hogun was portrayed by Tadanobu Asano.
Why They Suck
- None of them have a lot of personality or a major role in the films, making them seem like unnecessary additions to the film.
- While Thor and Loki managed to still look cool and attractive in their Asgardian clothing, these three end up looking like they're trapped in another century, making them look Lord of the Rings (Volstagg) or Game of Thrones (Fandral) rejects.
- Speaking of that, letting them fight alongside Thor looking like that would look weird.
- Hogun barely gets any screentime in The Dark World and mainly stayed home and sat the adventure out.
- All three of them end up getting killed very quickly by Hela in Ragnarok. Volstagg and Fandral are killed immediately, and Fandral doesn't get to speak. Hogun manages to put up a small fight but still, the writers had a chance flesh out their personalities and they blew it again. You'd think Thor would have felt bad for them or mentioned them again sometime later. Nope, the three of them were completely forgotten for the rest of the film.
- David Brimmer, Zachary Levi/Joshua Dallas, and Tadanobu Asano give good performances.