The Storm King
Jump to navigation Jump to search
The Storm King is a satyr-like creature villain who appeared in My Little Pony: The Movie, and is a leader of the Storm forces. He was voiced by Liev Schreiber.
- He is a stupid, campy, weak comedic villain that lacks the "comedic villain" charm, who didn't have much focus despite supposedly being the main villain. In fact, he generally lacks personality other than his goofiness.
- He barley get any screentime, such as having an conversation with Tempest Shadow at Canterlot.
- His role in the movie serves more as a minor antagonist rather than a main one, because his second-in-command Tempest Shadow is the one who has more screen time and drives the plot much more, therefore Storm King does not get much development as a main villain and as a character in general.
- His betrayal of Tempest Shadow is pretty predictable and even more pointless, especially for a villain of his shtick, a ruthless monster who treats most of his villainy as a joke.
- A lot of his dialogue is a joke, as it sounds more like a child who is trying hard to be an villain.
- Liev Schreiber did a decent job voicing him.
- The scene where he plays with the sun and moon is hilarious.
- Along with Discord and Lord Tirek, Storm King serves as one of the biggest threats to Equestria, even putting the majority of the pony kind into slavery.
- He has a pretty ruthless death scene for the movie's demographic, although there are theories that claim that his soul is still alive despite his obsidian body breaking into pieces.
- There are parts where he sounds intimidating, like when he tells Tempest "Fail me, and your horn won’t be the only thing that's broken", and his breakdown at the climax.