Teen Titans (Teen Titans Go!)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Sadly, they were flanderized so badly in the 2013 incarnation and ruined the original Teen Titans.
Why They Suck Now
- They suffer from flanderization, going from a selfless and serious group of heroes who care about protecting Jump City to immature, selfish, immoral and sadistic jerks who cause chaos and destruction for fun. They never act their ages despite being teenagers, and they've also become outright annoying, troublesome and obnoxious. They still act like this as of Season 7.
- Robin is the worst offender; he has gone from a serious, intelligent, skilled, and kind leader to a psychotic, immature, controlling, and abusive jerk who takes his love for Starfire to extremes and is hated by the whole group.
- Starfire goes from a kind-hearted, selfless, and beautiful alien girlfriend of Robin to a crazy, loud, angry, and aggressive psychopath who constantly reuses the word "the".
- Raven (despite being the most likable) goes from being a cynical but caring, selfless, dark, and mature girl who cares about her teammates to a hypocritical, short-tempered, and evil demon who is extremely ruthless to anyone.
- Cyborg goes from an intelligent, nice, mature, and serious half-man, half-robot to an annoying, immature, jerkish, and idiotic slacker who cares less about saving the world and more about doing what he wants.
- Beast Boy goes from a fun-loving, immature (though sometimes mature when the time calls for it), light-hearted prankster to a selfish, lazy, dumb, and completely immature slacker who is prone to disgusting habits.
- They are always shown as "heroes" when most of the time, they are shown antagonizing the villains, even when they didn't do anything wrong to begin with.
- Their designs from the original show changed in this show and they're kinda bad.
- Speaking of which, they even look more like fifth grader kids instead of teenagers.
- They are barely seen fighting crime and the show focuses more on their daily lives.
- Almost every episode has the Titans being immature, jerkish and unsympathetic and never learning from their mistakes and just continue doing the same thing in the next episode.
- They are supposed to be of between the ages of 16-19 years old, but they have the mentality of 4-year olds. This is widely reflected in episodes such as "Boys VS Girls" for example, where Robin believes in "cooties" as the only reason why boys are better than girls, which is a mindset which normal kids in real life would've moved out from of between ages 6-8 and no teen would act as.
- They are often unnecessarily loud.
- A lot of their gags and jokes are extremely low-brow, flat, stale, idiotic, gross, irritating and completely unfunny.
- They could even rival Blossom, Bubbles, and Buttercup as they both come from a terrible spin-off TV show and were flanderized horribly and are hated now.
- Heck, they were even rude to them in "TTG V PPG" where they spend most of the episode being pains in the asses instead of helpful allies who constantly mock the girls for being younger than them and act the same way in the ending too.
- They even receive no repercussions for their jerkish behavior and get off scot-free. That's making them Karma Houdinis.
- They are even sadistic to each other, such as beating each other up and being straight-up abusive with no remorse whatsoever.
- They are also seen doing disgusting things such as twerking and other nasty stuff and yet "the show's for kids".
- They have also went as far as abusing an innocent little baby in the episode, “Bucket List”.
- In earlier episodes, Starfire is shown feeding Silkie in the same manner as a mother bird feeding her young, by regurgitating partially digested food in Silkie’s mouth and “bathing” Silkie the same way a mother cat cleans her kittens, by licking him. It’s disgusting to watch, thankfully, these mannerisms retired in later episodes.
- They clearly cannot handle criticism, going so far as to deliberately insult and badmouth the critics, fans and viewers who hate them and their show many times in numerous episodes such as "Let's Get Serious", "The Fourth Wall", and most notoriously "The Return of Slade".
- While the voice actors did reprise their roles as their respective characters, their voice acting can come across as annoying as they would scream and shout majority of their lines.
- They also did a terrible crossover with the cast of ThunderCats Roar in the episode (everybody hates) "Teen Titans Roar!".
- Although they were tolerable in the first six episodes, they went downhill in many other later episodes for reasons above.
- They still care about each other.
- They are a bit more powerful than the original series.
- In some episodes, they care about saving the world.
- Raven and Cyborg (at times and depending on the episode) are a bit more tolerable and well behaved than the rest of the team.
- They sometimes do receive comeuppances for their actions such as "In and Out", and "A Farce".
- While the designs made them look like little kids, their designs based on the original characters is nice to look at and is somewhat accurate.
- At least they admit it that the original Titans is better than them, as stated in the episodes “The Cape” and "The Fourth Wall".
- Like mentioned before, they were tolerable in the first six episodes.