Takeru Tenkuji (Kamen Rider Ghost)
Takeru Tenkuji (天空寺 タケル, Tenkūji Takeru) is the main protagonist of Kamen Rider Ghost. After being killed by the Katana Gamma on his eighteenth birthday, he was brought back to Earth by Edith to fight against the Gamma as Kamen Rider Ghost (仮面ライダーゴースト, Kamen Raidā Gōsuto), while venturing on a journey to collect Eyecons in order to fully restore him back to life.
Why He Sucks
- He's an extremely bland protagonist with no real character trait, storyline, or emotion.
- He is also HUGE Gary Stu/Mary Sue character granted he does suffer some minor drawbacks within the initial run, but it do anything for his character as he constantly keeps getting Eyecons and forms without any of them feeling earned.
- Not to mention his goal of getting Eyecons in 99 days to revive himself is pointless as he always gets an EXTRA 99 days if needed
- He constantly introduces himself at the beginning of every episode in the same exact way, which just makes you feel like you're going insane.
- His Final Form, Mugen Damashii, looks like a bootleg knockoff of Wizard Infinity and Gaim Kiwami that came out of nowhere, despite all the setup for Grateful to be his Final Form.
- He was really unbearable in his summer movie (Kamen Rider Ghost: The 100 Eyecons and Ghost's Fateful Moment), as his motive for people living is "People need to experience eating dinner", as well as the initial moments of the crossover with Drive as he was nothing but an idiot who recklessly swings his weapon without a damn to the world.
- Speaking of motives, it's not clear as to what his motivation in the show is either, as he constantly talks about his dad, only to defeat the Ganma in the finale because of his mother, whom was never brought up beforehand.
- To make's matter worse his character would later be implanted within Touma Kamiyama (Kamen Rider Saber)
- And to top it all off he does not have any chemistry with the other characters, making it really feel like Takeru is just a character being acted out.
- Most of his other suit designs are still beautifully made, such as Toucon Boost, Beethoven Damashii, his various Legend Rider forms and Grateful Damashii.
- Despite his major flaws, he isn't the worst rider protagonist to exist in the franchise as Chihiro/Kamen Rider Neo Amazons still exists.
- He was much better than loads of other character in Ghost, mainly Onari and Makoto Fukami/Kamen Rider Specter.
- He was actually much more charismatic in Kamen Rider Ex-Aid and even his first appearances in Kamen Rider Drive.