|This page needs some cleaning up to meet Loathsome Characters Wiki's quality standards.|
The following reason has been specified: Needs more detail.
Susan Queen Murphy (also known as Ginormica) is the main protagonist of the Monsters vs. Aliens franchise. She was an awesome character during most of the franchise, like the movie and specials.
Unfortunately, she was flanderized in the TV series based on the film.
- Susan has lost lots of her charm, going from a strong, but fun loving woman who had very relatable struggles, to a nonsensical and annoying girl who basically was turned into a Mary Sue, and her flaws in the show are rarely seen.
- Her new voice actor, Riki Lindhome, is nothing but a stand-in and doesn’t even make Susan sound like herself from the actual film itself. In short, her voice sounds nothing like what Reese Witherspoon originally gave the character, similar to the new voice that was given to Sid in The Ice Age Adventures of Buck Wild.
- She doesn’t have much spotlight in the series, as it’s given to one of her teammates, B.O.B.
- She is no longer giant like she was in the movie. Instead, she now has size-shifting abilities, which is an unnecessary change from her original film counterpart.
- Susan also became dumber, as there are extremely half-baked perilous situations that are always caused by her and the other monsters' stupidity, to which all of these problems are averted with lame solutions.
- She was a much better character during the movie and the specials before the TV show came and Reese Witherspoon is a more charismatic voice actress than Riki Lindhome.
- She at least still cares about her team.
- Her new design is at least nice to look at.
- Riki Lindhome, while sounds nothing like Susan’s old voice actor as previously mentioned, still does a decent job voicing her.
- She’s the only main protagonist of a Dreamworks/Nickelodeon show that is female and is the leader of her team.
- There seems to be running gags within the series about Ginormica's rather plump butt, where it either gets stuck or accidentally squashes other characters when she grows.
- It is revealed in "The Sound of Fear", that Ginormica can sing very well. This is due to her voice actress being in a music duo called Garfunkel and Oates, which also has Kate Micucci in it.
- For some reason, when Ginormica grows huge or shrinks back down, her sneakers and gold scrunchie do the same.