"You've spent your life acting like a high horse and raised me to follow in your hoofprints! At first, I thought this was fine, but then I finally realized I wanted something you don't have – FRIENDS!"— Diamond Tiara, [My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic (Crusaders of the Lost Mark)]
Spoiled Rich (née Milk) is a minor character from My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic. She is Diamond Tiara's mother and Filthy Rich's wife and is the head of the school board. She is voiced by Chantal Strand, along with Diamond Tiara.
Why She's Intentionally Rich, but Spoiled (in a Bad Way)
- Let's get the cookies out of the cookie jar: She is a selfish, spoiled, stereotypical mean girl and very awful mother to Diamond Tiara.
- She's very manipulative and overbearing towards her daughter, which resulted in her becoming a mean and snooty mother who bullies many kids, especially the Cutie Mark Crusaders.
- When Diamond Tiara lost the election in "Crusaders of the Last Mark", Spoiled took it too seriously and wanted to take away the playground for without any reason.
- In the episode "Where the Apple Lies", a flashback shows her acting like one of the WORST jerks in MLP.
- She was the one who gave the Cutie Mark Crusaders the name "Blank Flanks" to belittle them.
- Compared to most other mares and fillies in the show, her design is a bit unappealing to look at, particularly her nose.
- During the songs "The Pony I Want to Be" and "Light of Your Cutie Mark", Diamond's condescending nature towards her classmates is shown to be the result of Spoiled's dictatorial parenting, as well as the former's fear of her parents' disapproval.
- When Diamond Tiara comes to the Ponyville Schoolhouse with the Crusaders during a school board meeting, Spoiled accosted her for fraternizing with "confused, insignificant lowlifes".
- While waiting to use the Ponyville Day Spa steam room in "Applejack's "Day" Off", in her brief speaking role, she bragged about how many rooms her house has, making her arrogant.
- In "It Isn't the Mane Thing About You", after her husband buys her flowers from Daisy, Lily Valley, and Rose, he had to return them because Spoiled said that she only likes purple flowers. Some wife she is!
- She doesn't get any comeuppance for her actions, making her a Karma Houdini.
- It could be possible that she's like this because her parents spoiled her all the time.
- Her name is pretty accurate since it describes her actions exactly.
- She did get called out by her daughter for her behavior in "Crusaders of the Last Mark", the same episode where Diamond Tiara redeems herself.
- Chantal Strand did a good job voicing her.
- She has a very nice outfit and mane and tail style, despite her unappealing design.
- Spoiled was meant to be hated due to how she treats her daughter.
- She had several names, prior to her debut, including "Stuck Up Rich" and "Married Rich".
- There are some theories that Spoiled Rich has been bullied herself when she was younger due to her large nose, which could explain why she is the way she is.
- On April 26, 2016, Jim Miller was asked "Are Diamond Tiara's parents divorced?" and replied, "Not that I'm aware of."
- Spoiled Rich appears on the season 5 poster.
- In the Marks of Time expansion set of the collectible card game, card #73 R of Spoiled Rich attributes to her and Scootaloo the respective quotes, "I taught Diamond Tiara everything she knows!" and "Yeah, we can tell."
- In the mobile game, Spoiled serves as a boss battle helper during the "Rarity's Retro Revolution" event. The game's description of her states, "To, Diamond Tiara, she's a mother most dear. To everyone else, she's a pain in the rear."