"Now, now. The most useless fool here is you. Wouldn't you agree, Noelle? You can't even control your magic. You're such an embarrassment."— Solid Silva
"You've basically been exiled from the Silva family. I'm surprised you had the nerve to return to the Noble Realm."— Nebra Silva
Solid and Nebra Silva are the minor antagonists of Black Clover. Solid is the second son and third-born child who controls Water Magic, and Nebra is the first daughter and second-born child who controls Mist Magic. Unlike their eldest brother Nozel, they're genuinely despicable for blatantly abusing their little sister Noelle for being blamed of Acier's death and having a lack of controlling her Water Magic since childhood. In fact, they were born from a highly arrogant noble family with their higher-ranked Magic Knights squad, the Silver Eagles, in which Noelle is the only Silva family member who did not join, much to the formers' pleasure of having her recruited by the Black Bulls, a lower-ranked squad led by Yami Sukehiro.
Why They are Truly Disgraceful to the Silva Family
- Unlike their kind-hearted mother Acier, they are overly arrogant and mean-spirited siblings who always consider Noelle as a disgrace and an embarrassment to the Silva family for the sake of lacking her control of her Water Magic since childhood, and they do not have any good reason of protecting her like Nozel's. Thus, Solid and Nebra are two of the main reasons why Noelle develop a crippling inferiority complex towards them and create an overwhelming water sphere that nearly drowned her in the center while remembering her tragic memories with them.
- Speaking of mean-spirited, in the aftermath of the attack of the Royal Capital, they disrespectfully mocked and defected the House Vermillion (which happen to be their cousins) and its Magic Knight squad, the Crimson Lions, just because of the injured Captain Fuegoleon, who lost his right arm after a fight with Licht.
- They are the worst examples of the mean alphas who believe that they, along with Nozel, are very superior than everyone with a low status (commoners, for example), especially the Black Bulls and other Magic Knight squads that are lower-ranked.
- In fact, the big difference between two rival noble families of the Clover Kingdom are that the strength-desiring Vermillions judge people by their true worth while the arrogant Silvas judge people by their social status.
- They are NOT the types of older siblings who share a better bond with their younger siblings like Mereoleona and Fuegoleon with Leopold, Satsuki with Ryuko, Tanjiro with Nezuko, and so on.
- As of the Elf Reincarnation Arc, their relationships with Noelle are not fully reconciled after being saved from an elf attack in the House Silva.
- Like Floch Forster prior to the timeskip in Attack on Titan, they both have ridiculous and ugly hairstyles.
- After Asta defended Noelle from their abusive opinions about her, Solid and Nebra attacked him with their magic without having any second thoughts nor accepting the latter's declaration to become the next Wizard King in the future.
- They're hypocritical for criticizing and blaming Noelle for being the "black sheep" who brings shame to the Silva family with her uncontrolled powers while they truly tend to bring one to their family name themselves by humiliating and belittling her in public for years.
- When Nozel (who was unable to take deadly risks of telling the real reason of Acier's death at the time) told Noelle that their mother should've been alive instead of his youngest sister, Solid and Nebra really agreed to it despite that it is actually a cover story to protect the Silva family from danger (in which they are unaware of the whole time).
- Similar to Raois Antinous and Humbert Zizek from Sword Art Online: Alicization, they have the "spoiled brat" personalities, as well as their tendencies to blatantly look down on inferior people as the highlighted traits for senior nobles, which is a problem that this series shares with.
- To rub even more salt to the wound, they, along with Solid and Nebra (and to some extent, Langris Vaude and Alecdora Sandler from the Golden Dawn squad), have the audacity to be physically abusive of those who oppose their terrible morals and beliefs with their abilities without a single hint of remorse.
- In his way of abusing Noelle, not only did he just teasing her for having a lack of controlling her Water Magic, but also slapping away her food and destroying her toys both mercilessly and sadistically.
- In the War Merits Conferment Ceremony, he poured down his water on Noelle and called her a useless fool and an embarrassment while he is actually the one to talk.
- As a Magic Knight with a cruel and demeaning personality, he is not the type of person who forgives people easily.
- As shown in the Royal Knights Arc, he is also a selfish loner, wanting to go solo on going after Noelle and her team to destroy their team crystal rather than working together with his own team.
- She tends to judge and laugh at others that she look down on, including her own sister.
- She broke Noelle's mirror as a way of giving her a so-called "favor" to not look at herself.
- In the War Merits Conferment Ceremony, she humiliated Noelle with poor judgement, stating that the latter is "exiled" from the Silva family without any valid reason other than her lack of controlling her Water Magic and being the "reason" of Acier's death.
- After Noelle saved her and Solid from the elf invasion, she has yet to acknowledge the former that she is more powerful than before, but she merely witnessed it with shock.
- Despite their antagonistic nature against Noelle and those who defy their opinions like Asta, they do respect and follow lawfully good authority figures like Nozel, the captain of the Silver Eagles (and the only sibling who truly protects and cares for Noelle due to her great resemblance with Acier), and Julius Novachrono, the 28th Wizard King of the Clover Kingdom. In addition, under their eldest brother's orders, they do have their purpose to protect and fight for the Clover Kingdom on their late mother's behalf, which is a stark contrast of their rather abusive personality against their sister.
- Solid did get what he deserved from Noelle in the Royal Knights Selection Exam.
- Although Nebra has yet to acknowledge Noelle, Solid did acknowledge her, and he finally admitted that she is stronger than him in the Elf Reincarnation Arc. However, neither of them owed Noelle an apology for the hardships she suffered for years.
- Ugly hairstyles aside, their designs look attractive and nice.
- Nebra's laughs, while cruel, can be cuter to hear for some people.
- Shouma Yamamoto (Japanese) and Christopher Wehkamp (English) for Solid and Yurika Aizawa (Japanese) and Mallorie Rodak (English) for Nebra did a decent performance for both of them.
- Solid's favorite food is grilled pork chops, and his favorite thing is to talk sarcastically.
- Nebra's favorite food is pork sauté, and her favorite thing is to mess with people.
- In the Black Clover popularity polls:
- Solid ranked #32 in the 1st and 2nd poll, #43 in the third poll, and #30 in the fourth poll.
- Nebra ranked #50 in the 2nd poll, and #54 in the third poll.
- Aside from Nebra's Mist Magic (which is a derivative of Water and Air Magic), Solid shares the same Water Magic as Noelle, though their creation spells are different.
- Nebra is similar to Mai Zenin from Jujutsu Kaisen.
- They were born from famous families with noble values and arrogant personalities respectively.
- They each have one sister who uses support tools for their abilities (Noelle with her magic wand and Maki with a variety of Cursed Tools such as her naginata)
- The difference is that Nebra is older than Noelle while Mai is younger than Maki.
- Both are very unpleasant and condescending towards their sisters, calling them "weak" by the latters' abilities.
- While their sisters are truly stronger and powerful with support tools, they possess a minimal amount of power despite the strong reputations they uphold for their families.
- They tend to insult and belittle others from their rival groups/squads.
- They have the same default smug expressions on their faces.