Supreme Leader Snoke Palpatine (born circa 19 BBY on Exegol; dies 34 ABY on the Supremacy in the Crait system) is a major antagonist in the Star Wars sequel trilogy, he appears as the overarching antagonist of Star Wars: The Force Awakens, then the secondary antagonist of Star Wars: The Last Jedi, and the posthumous antagonist of Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker. He was the supreme leader of the First Order before being killed and succeeded by Kylo Ren.
- Sheev Palpatine (father)
- Dathan Palpatine (brother)
- Miramir Palpatine (sister-in-law)
- Rey Palpatine/Skywalker (niece)
Why He Was Betrayed and Beaten
- He's not a threatening villain in the Last Jedi.
- His characterization is inconsistent: In The Force Awakens, he was noticeably "gray" (stoic, fair toward his henchmen, and respectful of his enemies). But in The Last Jedi, he's suddenly a standard villain (bombastic, an abusive boss, and suicidally arrogant).
- The inconsistency where he was a gigantic dark lord in The Force Awakens, but was reduced to a smaller size in The Last Jedi for an unexplained reason.
- He barely even fights against Rey.
- His gold robes look ridiculous and not even more Sith-like.
- He dies anti-climatically by Kylo Ren.
- The explanation of him being a Palpatine clone, who was supposed to turn Rey to the dark side conflicts with his trying to get Kylo Ren to kill Rey.
- It also contradicts the material stating he'd been around since before the Empire.
- He was decent and more tolerable in Force Awakens.
- Andy Serkis does a good job with the material he's given.