(Redirected from Smiler)Jump to navigation Jump to search
Smiler is the main "antagonist" of Sony Pictures Animation's critically-panned AMW. She was the supervisor of the Emojis Corp until the events of the film. She is voiced by Maya Rudolph.
- Her design is creepy to look at, mainly because she always smiles no matter what.
- Despite being the villain, she only wanted to protect the world which every hero would want to and has better intentions than the protagonist.
- The writers did a very awful job representing the characters' roles in the movie. Smiler is depicted as the villain even though all she wanted to do was to protect the Emojis world while Gene, despite being the protagonist, was the one really responsible for all the troubles that happened in the movie, he even caused the death of many characters such as the trolls and the Just Dance girl and almost caused the entire phone to almost have its data deleted. Basically, the movie tries to force viewers to like the protagonist and to despise the villain without giving the usual proper characterization to them as a reason to do this.
- Her personality is very predictable, generic, and lame.
- Hypocrisy: She gives a "be yourself" advice to the other emojis, but she sees Gene as a malfunction because of being multi-expressional emoji, however, she had a good reason for this.
- Even if you hated her for being the villain, her intentions and motivations are understandable and were defined better than the ones from the "heroes", making her a very well defined character overall and a sympathetic villain in particular. Everything she did was to stop Gene from destroying the Emojis world, she wanted to delete him in order to protect the phone and it's data from getting deleted.
- If she was given the proper characterization from writers, she would've been on Great Characters Wiki.
- She is the only tolerable character in the movie and has a decent personality compared to the "heroes".
- She is affably evil as she mostly treats the other emojis genuinely fairly as long as they're not causing too much damage and is just trying her best to keep Emoji World safe.