|This page needs some cleaning up to meet Loathsome Characters Wiki's quality standards.|
The following reason has been specified: Short page, and it needs more detail.
Slip & Slide D'Peel are two comic-relief characters from the short-lived Kids WB! show Coconut Fred's Fruit Salad Island. They are (possibly twin) brothers and you cannot tell them apart unless if at least one of the brothers is referred to by his name. They aren't that smart either. They are voiced by Eric Bauza.
Why They Slip and Fall
- To get the hat out of the bag: They are basically the same exact character and look and act exactly the same to the point that it is extremely hard to tell them apart, as seen with the image above. You could change one of their designs to actually tell them apart or give one of them a different voice, and it wouldn't make a single difference.
- Their humor is just plain awful, as not even one single attempt at humor from them ends up being funny and instead ends up being flat, stale and unfunny, especially their underwear scenes and slapstick.
- Speaking of their humor, they are poorly written comic-reliefs.
- As with most of the other characters from Cocount Fred's Fruit Salad Island, their designs are ugly and creepy.
- On top of that, their faces resemble SpongeBob.
- They have a band with Coconut Fred called "Coconut Fred's All-Body Sound Band", which has the extremely stupid (and gross) idea of making music out of noises you can make with your body, especially gross ones.
- They are likely rip-offs of Patrick Star since they are extremely dumb, immature, and have silly voices to match the stupidity, except with none of Patrick's likability and charm. In fact, they can even make his seasons 6-9a incarnation look like a more mature and smarter character that's better than them. This strengthens the show's similarity to SpongeBob SquarePants.
- They aren't that useful. Coconut Fred doesn't torture the two compared to how he does that to his "friends" while he's playing with them and they're sometimes used for filler and comic relief.
- Eric Bauza does an obnoxious, lazy and terrible job voicing them, as they either scream too loudly or have a squeaky flair to their voices.
The Only Redeeming Quality
- They're quite friendly, especially compared to Fred.
- Additionally, at least Fred doesn't torture them, unlike what he does to the rest of the residents on Fruit Salad Island.