Sledgehammer O'Possum is the main villain protagonist that only appeared in two What A Cartoon shorts named "Out and About" and "What's Goin' On Back There?". He is a cartoon character created by Patrick Ventura. He was created due to the inspiration of the screwy squirrel character.
In "Out and About", he was voiced by Faizon Love, In "What's Goin' On Back There?", he was voiced by T.K. Carter.
- He likes to torment the characters badly whenever he got involved in some situations such as Dogg and Ethel such as torturing and harassing Dogg all because he was eating lunch near in his place such as burning his mouth with mustard, hitting him with a cub, exploding him with such materials like TNT, rockets, etc, and also sticking his nose to a beehive. When Dogg was badly injured and was in a wheelchair he even tries to hit him in the train just to make his injury even worse, thus making him a sadist. Or forcing Ethel to enter someone's house without permission or making her fit inside the mailbox while her butt was frozen outside despite the mailbox having a small size capacity making her whole body not fit inside the mailbox.
- He also steals Dogg's food without any permission which makes him a greedy thief, although this was sort of justified because most wild animals, in general, steal someone else's food without their permission at all.
- His personality is also kind of unoriginal too since he feels like a rip-off or feels too similar to Screwy Squirrel from Tex Avery's MGM Cartoons. Though the creator "Pat Ventura" admitted that he was inspired by those cartoons.
- He can be a Gary Stu, and he's one of the more insufferable ones. Especially in the first short where he looks like he doesn't reflect the pain at all and enjoys inflicting the pain on others. Although this was downplayed a little tiny bit in the second short, it's still there usually in the second half of the second short.
- He never gets any punishment or got any kinds of comeuppance whatsoever at the end of both shorts which makes him a Karma Houdini.
- While Sledgehammer O'Possum is usually animated in a wacky way, the animation can look a little choppy at times.
- He can be very humorous, somewhat or very hilarious, really wacky and a funny character depending on your view or opinion.
- He is a bit more sympathetic and was a little bit more likable in the second short due to him being homeless and trying not to get froze to death while trying to find a shelter that's warm enough such as the mailbox. Even having a heart of sympathy just to show that he isn't a complete sadist to make Ethel enter inside the warm mailbox while Ethel was freezing near the end of the short.
- His character design can come off as decent, stylish, and really wacky looking at best.
- Him being named as "Sledgehammer" really does make sense about one of his characteristics in general.