Sky (Total Drama: Pahkitew Island (episodes 9-13))
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Sky is a contestant in "Total Drama: Pahkiew Island", while she was decent in the first 8 episodes, she became unfortunately flanderized starting at episode 9.
Why She Sucks Now
- In the last 5 episodes of this season, she went from athletic, yet friendly and helpful girl to a VERY overcompetitive person who cannot handle even the slightest bit of losing, which is what probably makes her unlikable in these episodes.
- For example, she was very angry just because she didn't win the eating challenge (even before Dave rubbed it in her face), and to the point where she yelled at Dave VERY harshly (while it's understandable that Dave was acting too cocky trying to prove that he can beat Sky so he can impress her, her yelling was still unnecessary).
- Her yelling can get really annoying to listen to.
- Her voice (while still good) can also get pretty obnoxious too (especially when she yells).
- Speaking of Dave, when she yelled at him several times during the challenge, it caused Sugar to find them and make them lose. Her attitude is what also almost got her eliminated if not for Dave voting himself off.
- Thanks to her rejecting Dave, she’s the reason he voted himself off.
- She was against anyone who exhibited foul play, yet she wills to manipulate someone if it meant winning the million dollars and show unsportsmanlike qualities at times in the last few episodes, which makes her a selfish hypocrite.
- Her teaming up with Sugar in "Scarlett Fever" and "Sky Fall", was a very bad idea, because it’s already bad enough that Sugar is extremely unlikable and that Sky was flanderized, but having them work together turned out to be annoying.
- In the finale she became even worse, where her overcompetitiveness is up too 100%!
- Also during the finale, she was using Dave's feelings so she can win the million dollars. That’s just cruel.
- When Chris showed Shawn's confessionals to Jasmine, Sky gloats at Shawn for his mistake, which is very rude and disrespectful.
- Let’s not forget the fact that using Dave’s feelings eventually backfired when Chris showed her audition tape to Dave, where she revealed she has a boyfriend, which drove Dave into insanity.
- When it seemed like she and Shawn were about to lose to Dave and Jasmine, while Shawn took it well, she threw a childish tempter tantrum. What a brat.
- She was much better and more likable in the first 8 episodes of "Pahkitew Island".
- Her design is still pretty cute.
- Though obnoxious at times, Sarah Podemski still does a good job voicing her.
- Regarding to WSS #4, she was at least trying to following Jasmine's advice on not to fall in love with Dave, although she was taking it a bit too far.
- She’s still an excellent athletic, seeing that in "Pahk'd With Talent", she still won her hurdles race challenge even after Chris’ tricks slowed her down, she catches up very fast, which is impressive.
- Also in the same episode, her talent during Sugar’s talent show was pretty hilarious, as she drinks carbonated water and belches loud enough to break the bandit's cardboard standees.
- Her audition tape revealing she had a boyfriend being shown to Dave was Sky’s just deserts for using his feelings and not revealing it to him sooner, even though Dave took it too far and tried to hurt her.
- There are moments where she doesn’t get first in every challenge, which can be satisfying for her sore loser attitude:
- In episode 9, she lost the eating challenge to Sugar, and she lost the hide and go seek challenge when Sugar finds and tags her.
- In episode 10, she and Sugar technically lose when Max and Scarlett make it to the control room first, even though Scarlett turned on Max and took over the control room when she revealed she was evil.
- In episode 11, she lost the top flag challenge to Shawn, who made it up there first.
- In episode 12, while she did win her hurdles challenge, she did didn’t quite win the next 2 challenges, as she lost to both Sugar and Shawn in Shawn’s tree hopping challenge, and then she lost Sugar’s talent show contest to Shawn.
- In episode 13, she lost in the finale against Shawn in his ending, more explained below.
- At least in her ending, after five straight seasons of having male winners (Owen, Duncan, Alejandro, Cameron, and Mike, all in that order) in Canada, she becomes the first female contestant to win a season of Total Drama in that country.
- Speaking of which, in terms of who wants to be the winner, Shawn vs. Sky, while the finale itself it’s a bad finale, the version where Shawn wins is the better of the 2. This is mainly because Sky was so unlikable and bratty in this finale, it only makes sense to watch the version where she loses for her selfish behavior, which is satisfying.
- It has been announced that Total Drama will be getting two new seasons for HBO Max and Cartoon Network. If those seasons bring back old characters in addition to new ones, maybe they can bring back Sky and revert to her original characterization and/or give her more development.
- Sky is one of the seven contestants to not have their audition tape released, though part of it was shown in Lies, Cries and One Big Prize.
- Sky is one of a few characters whose name is referenced in an episode title (Sky Fall), the others being Harold, Owen, Courtney, Bridgette, Chef Hatchet, Chris, Ezekiel, and Scarlett.
- Sky is the only contestant to be the highest-ranking member of a team she was not originally on.
- There is another hint that proves Sky is of Cree descent:
- During her audition, there is a dream catcher hung in her room.
- Sky is currently the only contestant to have her audition be shown in an episode.