|This page needs some cleaning up to meet Loathsome Characters Wiki's quality standards.|
The following reason has been specified: Add an infobox please.
Skids and Mudflap are characters from the Transformers series. They are a pair of twin Autobots who transformed into an old-fashioned ice cream truck, and later into a green Chevy Beat and an orange Chevy Trax respectively. They both debuted in Transformers 2: Revenge of the Fallen and were killed off-screen by Sentinel Prime in Transformers 3: Dark of the Moon. Their deaths were shown in one of the latter film's comic book adaptations, namely the one by IDW.
Why They Deserve to Be Killed by Sentinel Prime
- They are extremely annoying.
- Both of their designs are grotesque; especially for Transformers standards, especially considering Michael Bay went overboard in Transformers 2: Revenge of the Fallen. Speaking of designs, both of them are very unfaithful to the original G1 designs.
- They can both be compared to Jar Jar Binks. Both are aliens and are the supposed comic reliefs of their respective films.
- One of the only differences is that Skids and Mudflap are robots and Jar Jar Binks is an animal.
- The other only difference is that Jar Jar Binks is one being while Skids and Mudflap are a duo, which would mean double the annoyances.
- Skids and Mudflap barely contribute a thing to the story whatsoever.
- Both Skids and Mudflap barely help the heroes. In fact, all they do is just get them irritated (as mentioned above); including Bumblebee, who got irritated to the point where he picked up both of the twins and bumped them together.
- They never shut up.
- The plot hole is that Mudflap somehow survives being sucked into Devastator which is confusing when he would have just been torn apart.
- They're so awful that even Michael Bay admits that he hated both Skids and Mudflap.
- They represent racist stereotypes of African Americans; from talking in ghetto slang, to admitting to being bad at reading.
- While they did deserve to get killed, they were pathetically useless against Sentinel Prime as they did nothing but stand there while getting themselves killed, which makes them even more useless than they were.
- They give the original Skids and Mudflap bad names.
- In other words, they are both flanderized from being a scientific therorist and a side switching Autobot-to-Decepticon to a couple of incompetent stereotypical idiots who deserved to get shot by Sentinel Prime.
- They got what they deserved when Bumblebee bashed them together, as mentioned above, and then threw them out of the temple.
- Their vehicle modes are good.
- Their voices, provided by Tom Kenny and Reno Wilson, aren't that bad in particular.
- They do have a few funny moments here and there.
- They never appear in the video game adaptations.
- They did spawn a few good toys based on them.