Silver the Hedgehog (pre-Super Genesis Wave)
NOTE: This only applies to his Pre-Super Genesis Wave incarnation. Not his video game counterpart.
Silver the Hedgehog is a supporting character in the Sonic the Hedgehog Pre-Super Genesis Wave comic series and its spin-offs published by Archie Comics. He is an anthropomorphic white hedgehog gifted with psychic abilities from a post-apocalyptic alternate future in the year 3437 P.X.E., two hundred years away from the Mobius Prime's timeline.
Why It Was No Use For Him
- Instead of being a selfless, kind-hearted individual who protects his future in the video game series, this version is a rather reckless, completely absent-minded jerk who constantly jumped to conclusions without thinking it out.
- He acts immature and whiny.
- He directly assumed that several of the Freedom Fighters were the traitor without even asking or gathering facts and information.
- He tried to blame Antoine who was in a coma for stopping Metal Sonic, to the point where Sonic attacked him in a rage and explained his sacrifice. The WORST part: He became one of his enemies towards him!
- He then assumed Bunnie was the traitor when Sonic mentioned her, making Sonic angrier and telling him to leave.
- He even tried to kill Rotor assuming him as a traitor without research.
- He lacks common sense and suspects everyone as a traitor.
- When he grabbed Sonic and his evil counterpart Scourge, he assumed Sonic was the enemy and threw him against a wall.
- Even Robert the Hedge was annoyed at him for his lack of common sense.
- He appears in more issues with the same traitor nonsense and has even ruined some of the plots in said issues.
- Everyone almost turned against him due to him attacking them.
- He was worse in Mobius: 25 Years Later where he was a massive jerk to Sonic and Sally and ruined their peace with their kids Sonia and Manic, by bringing up the time he tried to kill Sonic, despite Sonia and Manic being 4 years old and being able to hear him from upstairs.
- He THANKFULLY stopped accusing people afterward.
- And likewise, he became a better hero after joining the Secret Freedom Fighters, too bad it only lasted until the Super Genesis Wave.
- He still vows to protect the future.
- He still cares about his friends.
- He can be sympathetic to fans in a fair way, considering the fact: He's just misunderstood!