Sid's family (Ice Age)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Sid's family are a group of ground sloths that constantly abandon him in Ice Age.
Why They Suck
- They are filler characters serving no purpose to the film whatsoever.
- They abandoned Sid and Granny because they are being "screw ups" and "dead weights".
- Milton, Marshall and Fungus are all Gary Stus as well as Eunice being a Mary Sue.
- They're cruel, awful, neglectful, and mean-spirited.
- They lack empathy because they don't even care about Sid and they're the reason why Sid is unlikable.
- They leave Sid behind whenever they migrate.
- They fit themselves to be more of a antagonist instead of the family of a protagonist.
- They stopped Sid from following them by gagging him with a field mouse, tying his hands and feet, barricading their cave entrance and moving through water so that Sid would lose their scent, which is rather cruel and abusive.
- They never get ridiculed for getting rid of their eldest son.
- They never get any comeuppances for their actions.
- They acted like they missed Sid while visiting him on the fourth film only to have Granny dumped with him so they can get away from him and her.
- Not to mention, that isn’t only being mean to their son, but also one of their mothers as well! She raised one of them, what the heck, guys?
- During Sid's "reunion", Marshall tries to burn ants with a magnifying glass, which is an example of animal cruelty.
- Their actions toward their eldest son is similar to the Doofenshmirtz Parents, since both neglect and treat their eldest son like dirt, but worse than that.
- On the first film, while they are mentioned; they abandoned Sid at the beginning of the film.
The Only Redeeming Qualities
- Their designs aren’t too bad.
- Their voices are decent.
- If they got killed during the Pangea, at least they got their karma for mistreating Sid and his grandma.