NOTE: 120th page on this wiki!
Sentinel Prime is a member of the Cybertron Elite Guard under the command of Ultra Magnus. Sentinel has a history of rivalry with Optimus Prime, who attended the Autobot Academy with him. In his academy days, he was somewhat of a maverick, leading the more responsible O(ptimus to refer to him as a "walking malfunction." Of course, he's the one that ended up on the Elite Guard while Optimus was sent off to repair space bridges, of which fact he's all too fond of reminding his former classmate... despite the fact that it was only because of Optimus who got the position. He also has a bit of a superiority complex toward non-guardsmen Autobots, not to mention that he's intensely organic-phobic.
Why He (Intentionally) Should've Not Been Magnus And Be Better Off As A Decepticon
- He is arrogant, cocky, vain, bossy, stubborn, impatient, short-tempered, narcissistic, sometimes idiotic, immature at times, very cruel, disrespectful, cold-hearted, mean-spirited, disobedient and down right unlikable and unsympathetic.
- He gets other Autobots into trouble by blaming them for his own actions. For example; After disregarding Ultra Magnus' orders of organic planets being off-limits, he dragged Optimus Prime and Elita-1 to the Archa Seven, an organic planet, in a search for a Decepticon warship filled with Energon cubes, and then after not being able to have time to rescue Elita, whom was then later turned into Blackarachnia, accused Optimus for leaving her behind, despite HIM being the cause of all of it, which made Optimus take the blame, causing him to be expelled from the Elite Guard.
- He is also a stern and strict instructor at Autobot camp. He spoke to Bumblebee and Bulkhead in a very rude and nasty tone. He also expelled both from the Elite Guard academy to be on repair duty.
- He caused a lot of destruction in Detroit when trying to prove himself superior to humanity on finding an assumed Decepticon sighting.
- After being rightfully insulted by Optimus, he actually tried to use an unlawful imprisonment on him in a fit of rage. Even after being cuffed in stasis cuffs, he makes a death threat on Optimus which makes him psychotic then decides to resume to attempt to place an unlawful imprisonment on Optimus.
- Also for some reason he was being ignorant on believing that the jet above him was actually Starscream when he was being scanned and when he notices him, he stupidly asked what he was despite when he already would've noticed that he is a Decepticon, indicating that not only that's he's idiotic in this but also somehow blind.
- He finds himself superior to anyone else around him, and he also makes phony and obnoxious attempts to prove he's better than anyone else around him.
- He mostly never gets a proper punishment for his actions and attitude, making him a huge karma houdini.
- He also still accuses Wasp for being the Decepticon spy, even after it was revealed that Shockwave was the real spy.
- He made a deal with Lockdown to imprison Decepticons and steal some of their own parts then decides to take credit for himself which is a self-centered act of him.
- He denies the fact that Blackarachnia is Elita-1, by calling her a freak and telling her she should've gone offline after she fell back into the ship which is very mean-spirited and disrespectful and also shows no remorse for her second presumed "demise" in the end. when again he's the one who dragged her and Optimus to Archa Seven. Also, it is implied that he no longer cares for her.
- He caused the Decepticons to break free and take over the Steelhaven.
- He attempts to shoot at Omega Supreme while ignoring the dangers from the stored transwarp energy within him which that would have potentially destroyed Cybertron if he shoots at him which is attempted ecocide. He also intends on doing it again the next time, which implies he is a generic doomsday villain.
- He would have become even worse as a villain in the cancelled fourth season.
- He is very oversensitive over his parts (Especially his chin) for no apparent reason.
- He is easily compared to Ironhide (Transformers: Energon); both are immature, both are salty, both are blue (Ironhide is half red/green, whereas his vehicle mode is blue), both transform into offroad vehicles, the only difference is that Sentinel is a jerk and Ironhide is a crybaby.
- Because of his antics and his crimes, he is considered a complete monster.
- He sometimes gets a taste of his own medicine by either Optimus calling him "Worthless crankshaft" and putting him into stasis cuffs, being stabbing by Blackarachnia, getting hit on the head by Bulkhead's wrecking ball, being crushed under a building also by Bulkhead, getting his body stolen and head removed by the Headmaster and/or being called out by Alpha Trion for his actions.
- He was likely supposed to be hated.
- His battle mask looks very cool.
- He can be funny at times.
- His voice actor, Townsend Coleman, was also the voice of The Tick from, well, The Tick, and Michelangelo from the 1987 Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles cartoon, whom does a very impressive job, and the same can be said for his Japanese voice actor, Junichi Suwabe (Grimmjow Jaegerjaquez from Bleach, Takashi Komuro from High School of the Dead, and Shota Aizawa from My Hero Academia).
- His designs and vehicle modes look nice.
- He has some nice moments whenever he isn't acting jerky.