Jump to navigation Jump to search
Sarousch is the main antagonist of the 2002 Disney film, The Hunchback of Notre Dame II. He is a circus ringmaster and master thief.
Why He's The Weakest Disney Direct-to-video Villain
- He is too weak and pathetic to be a Disney Villain, even by Disney direct-to-video standards. Meanwhile, his predecessor, Claude Frollo, is one is amazing, monstrous, and a much more fleshed-out antagonist.
- Even Edgar from The Aristocats, who is basically the weakest Disney Villain ever conceived from the Disney Animated Canon, is nowhere near as weak and pathetic as Sarouch. That is saying something!
- If anything, he feels more like a rejected Saturday morning TV cartoon villain than an actual Disney animated movie villain.
- He is greedy and only cares about money and himself.
- Sarousch has become a considerable object of scorn from fans of the original film, whom consider Claude Frollo to be the superior villain.
- All he wanted was to steal the La Fidele, that is weaker than Frollo's plot of killing gypsies and burning down all of Paris.
- He is so narcissistic to the point that he is creepy, as he seems to be in love with himself. This is especially hinted at when he says the line "I could kiss me, but I'd fall in love."
- His design is nowhere near intimidating, and the way he is animated (considering the sequel's lower budget and poorer quality animation) doesn't help either.
- He pales in comparison to other, cooler sequel villains like the creepy, Tim Curry-voiced Forte from Beauty and the Beast: The Enchanted Christmas, the murderously greedy Sa'Luk from Aladdin and the King of Thieves, insane xenophobic cult leader Zira from The Lion King II: Simba's Pride, and evil former friend Buster from Lady and the Tramp II: Scamp's Adventure. Even Morgana, herself (The Little Mermaid II: Return to the Sea) considered a Replacement Scrappy for Ursula, at least had a more established backstory and fleshed-out personality and could be threatening when she wanted to. In other words, Sarousch is lame even by Disney sequel standards (see WHsTWDDtvV #1).
- He is very entertaining, even if he is a weak Disney Villain.
- Trying to hurt Zephyr was that close for him.