Sarah (Ed, Edd n Eddy)
"FAIRY GODPARENTS!'" — Denzel Crocker
This is a good article.
Sarah is a secondary antagonist and an anti-hero of Ed, Edd n Eddy. She is Ed's bossy, psychotic, spoiled, and conceited younger sister, who acts cute and charming only when it serves her. Sarah has Ed's unending loyalty and obedience, mostly due to her constant threats of tattling on him. She was voiced by Jansye Jaud.
Why She's (Intentionally) in Trouble
- She acts like one of those stereotypical mean girls.
- She is a loud and controlling spoiled brat who despises her brother Ed and his two friends, and for no real reason.
- Not only is she mean to the Eds, but she is also sometimes mean to the other cul-de-sac kids.
- Throughout the entire show, she almost never said anything positive about anyone else (other than Jimmy).
- She is very quick to anger and handles her anger through brute strength and extreme violence. She mostly uses her strength to abuse the Eds and sometimes the other kids.
- She largely lacks empathy and intelligence to the point that Eddy, Jonny, and even Ed can outsmart her.
- She is so aggressive, manipulative, and ferocious that her older brother Ed fears her, and she refuses to accept the undeserving love and affection he gives her.
- For some strange reason, Sarah gets a lot more love, trust, and attention from her off-screen mother who favors her over Ed. Their mother sides with her daughter and punishes Ed, and even gives Sarah allowances instead of Ed. For example, Sarah sleeps upstairs in a warm cozy bedroom next to her parents’ room while Ed sleeps downstairs in the cold, dark basement.
- She never shows genuine kindness (minus the boomerang effect in "Hand Me Down Ed") to the Eds at all. Even Kevin, despite his mean behavior, has a few kind moments, but not Sarah.
- She does not have a decent reason (minus the whole scamming thing) to hate the Eds, while Kevin and Jimmy have their good reasons to hate them.
- She also gets mad at Ed when it's not his fault, such as after Eddy gave Jimmy a wedgie in "If It Smells Like An Ed". She yells at Ed and tells him that she is telling his mom, instead of scolding Eddy.
- Sarah was arguably at her worst in the episode "Sir Ed A Lot". She spent the day with Jimmy and mistreating the Eds and got her own way while laughing at the pain of the Eds, just so Ed can get in trouble after she laughs at Eddy getting stabbed in the hand by a cactus after Ed tossed it to Eddy, showing that she is a psychopath.
- In "Knock, Knock Who's Ed" just as Ed's 8-hour monster movie marathon was about to start Sarah locked the Eds out of the house by shoving and punching Double D and Eddy into Ed's throat and almost causing Ed to choke. Fans regard that as the mean-spirited thing she has done.
- In "Boys will be Eds", she physically assaulted Rolf, despite him trying to help Jimmy. She should have whacked Victor the Goat with the tennis racket instead because he was the one chewing on the sandwich and his arm, not Rolf.
- In "Thick as an Ed", she violently yells at Ed to wake him up to take her to Jimmy's house, when she could clearly do it herself (which she soon did so).
- In "Tinker Ed", Sarah took a humiliating picture of the Eds dressed in fairy tale costumes after she threatened to turn them into dog meat and remove their will to live by blaming them for what Kevin had started, and she let Kevin off the hook even when he told Jimmy fairy tales weren't real.
- Much like Kevin and Jimmy in their worst episodes, she unfairly attacks the Eds most of the time. Even when one or two Eds did something wrong to her, she would beat up all 3 of them anyway.
- She rewards Jimmy for tattling to her on the Eds so she can get them beat up again for her own amusement.
- Despite her negative qualities in the TV series, she barely gets punished and is never called out for her behavior, making her a Karma Houdini.
- Since she almost never gets punished and gets away with whatever she says or does to the Eds, this makes her a complete Mary Sue to the point that Kevin and Jimmy are even more likable than she is.
- Up until the finale movie, she is unmerciful and doesn't try to improve herself.
- Throughout the second season to sixth seasons she becomes loud and destructive. Despite Janyse Jaud doing a good job voicing Lee Kanker she does an awful job voicing Sarah in the rest of the original run by making her voice forced to be menacing.
- She is much more innocent and sunny as long as she remains unantagonized.
- Sarah does get some comeuppances in episodes like "Fool On The Ed," "Sir Ed-a-Lot,", "Mission Ed-Possible" and ect, though this isn't enough to remove her from the Karma Houdini party.
- She cares a lot about and is very nice to her best friend Jimmy, and they have a great friendship.
- A good example is when she tried to stop Jimmy from fighting with Nazz in the episode Key To My Ed, because Jimmy should know that he can't hit a girl.
- Also, in If It Smells Like An Ed, unlike the other kids, she didn't laugh at Jimmy when Eddy gave him the wedgie.
- She has shown concern for Ed before, showing that she cares about him deep down one way or another.
- Heck, there is a potential secret that Sarah might have a slight fear of Ed when he was yelled at her in the episode, Little Ed Blue.
- She has an adorable crush on Double D in "An Ed Too Many"
- The series finale, Ed, Edd and Eddy’s Big Picture Show, is one of Sarah's more tolerable appearances.
- She is not nearly as mean as she was in the TV series.
- She gets her biggest well-deserved comeuppance from being tortured by the Kanker sisters along with Jimmy.
- In the end, she befriends the Eds along with the other cul-de-sac kids, calling them friends.
- Her voice, while obnoxious, is more tolerable when she's in a good mood.
- She's most certainly supposed to be loathed, hence why she's written like this.