Sam Puckett is one of the title characters and one of the main protagonists in the short lived live-action Nickelodeon 2013-2014 sitcom Sam & Cat alongside Cat Valentine. She is also a main character in the live-action Nickelodeon sitcom iCarly. She is portrayed by Jeanette McCurdy.
Unfortunately, she has been flanderized badly in Sam & Cat.
- She has gone from a jerk with a heart of gold to a very annoying, unlikable, and mean-spirited bully.
- Having Sam as the co-protagonist, just like what happened with Sheen in Planet Sheen, having Cat be the other co-protagonist is unoriginal, lazy and not a good idea, since Sam was designed to be a comic relief side main character, not a protagonist.
- Compared to other characters from iCarly like Spencer, T-Bo and Gibby, Sam proves to be the least qualified to have her own show.
- Ironically Gibby was originally have his own show, however after the pilot was filmed Nickelodeon turned it down and instead greenlight Sam & Cat.
- In "Motorcycle Mystery", she threatens to beat up Cat for a motorcycle, which means she values it more than Cat.
- She constantly does illegal things, but rarely gets her comeuppance for it, making her a karma houdini.
- Before she used to only care about her friends, but now she only cares for herself and no one else.
- Also, she is a terrible friend to Cat because she constantly abuses her and takes advantage of her just like she did with Freddie.
- Unlike before, where she was still friendly towards Freddie, Sam bullies Cat, Goomer and even Dice, who's a kid.
- For some odd reason her age is retcon of being 16 years old while in reality she supposed to be 18 years old.
- Cat provides her with housing, food, and she doesn't even have to live with her mom. Yet it's too much for her to give Cat a little respect.
- The series finale, "#GettinWiggy", when Cat got arrested, she didn't care that her friend was going to be in jail and lied to Nona so she can't leave.
- While she could be very unlikable in the earlier seasons of iCarly, she received character development in later seasons. In this show, she is worse than in the earlier seasons of icarly.
- She and Cat kind of harshly punished Dice in the episode "#SecretSafe" by locking him in the safe as revenge for locking them in the safe in the first place. Mainly he kind of deserved it but it was still harsh to see it happen to him.
- In the 2021 revival of iCarly, she didn't return because her actress didn't want to, which is sad considering she is an iconic character.
- Executive meddling: Originally Sam & Cat was originally titled Just Puckett when Jennette McCurdy signed on to do Just Puckett in 2012, a series following Sam as a school counselor. After she was already attached, the show was redeveloped as a joint spin-off with Ariana Grande.
- She was a more decent character before Sam & Cat, and she becomes a lot calmer on Sam & Cat and doesn't physically abuse people as much as she did on iCarly.
- She is pretty nice to Cat in the first episode of the show. The tyranny and bullying started after she got used to living there.
- She still often does kind things for Cat, such as getting the entire set of That's a Drag to their apartment after it got canceled without a proper finale, getting herself arrested so she can protect Cat in jail after she was arrested for robbing an ATM and rescuing Cat when she (and Dice) got kidnapped by Nora.
- She does still have her kind and decent moments.
- Deep down she still loves and cares for Cat and wants to make sure she's safe and happy.
- She still has many funny moments.
- Jennette still deserves an award for playing Sam.