Rowan North is the main antagonist of the 2016 supernatural action comedy film reboot Ghostbusters. He is an occultist and former Mercado Hotel employee who is obsessed with the supernatural.
Why He Sucks
- He's a pretty forgettable bad guy in an already forgettable film. Granted, Gozer from the original film didn't have a lot of personality either, but at least he had a fair amount of comedic and intimidating moments.
- His appearance doesn't look very intimidating, even when he's in ghost form. Take a look.
- He has a very weak backstory, as he wants to destroy humanity just because he was bullied all his life. That doesn't come anywhere close to justifying his actions, especially since the Ghostbusters had to deal with ridicule all the time.
- There's a weird scene were Rowan forces a group of police officers and soldiers to do a musical number with his powers.
- He gets abandoned midway through the film for what Honest Trailers calls "the third act of Pixels".
- He's just a caricature a sort of hateful and socially awkward incel. He's less a character and more like the object for the revenge/power fantasies of blue haired land whales.