Rouge the Bat (Sonic X)
This page will only focus on Rouge as she appears in Sonic X, not her video game counterpart since she's more likable.
Rouge the Bat (Japanese: (ルージュ・ザ・バット Rūju za Batto?) is a recurring character that appears in Sonic X. On Earth, she's a government spy.
- First of all, she is very out-of-character in this show. She was Flanderized in this show. She went from being Knuckles' rival who always tries to steal the Master Emerald, to an unlikable, selfish, homophobic, and greedy bitch who is obsessed with stealing things like the Chaos Emeralds.
- She is both ephebophilic and pedophilic, as she constantly flirts with Knuckles (a 16-year-old) and kissed Tails (an 8-year-old) in episode 45.
- She blackmailed Bokkun's locket with a picture of his crush, Cream.
- She even made him work for her.
- She constantly calls Topaz an old lady, which is rude and disrespectful.
- When Knuckles saved her from falling, she didn't even thank him.
- She said "Maria" in front of Shadow just so she could get away from Shadow and Chris to look for one of the Chaos Emeralds, which is very insensitive and disrespectful, considering the fact that Maria died and that caused Shadow to get triggered.
- It can get super annoying having to listen to a saxophone every single goddamn time she appears on-screen.
- Her English voice is very appalling and annoying. She sounds like a woman in her 40's rather than a young adult. This somehow wasted Kathleen Delaney's talent on voicing her.
- She is more tolerable in the original Japanese version.
- Like many characters in Sonic X, she has a nice character design.
- Every scene where she's with Knuckles makes Knuxouge shippers go crazy.
- At least she doesn't act like a crazy fangirl, like Amy when she sees her crush, Knuckles.
- Her theme song, Mysterious & Sexy Thief Rouge.
- Though it wastes her talent, Rumi Ochiai does a great job of voicing her.
- She does care about the others.
- Her Japanese voice actress is Rumi Ochiai and her English voice actress is Kathleen Delaney.
- Her GUN outfit still shows her cleavage, despite the fact that it can cover her up.
- From episode 11 onwards, a saxophone plays whenever Rouge is around.