Ronan the Accuser (Marvel Cinematic Universe)
Ronan the Accuser is a major antagonist in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, serving as the main antagonist of Guardians of the Galaxy, a minor antagonist in Captain Marvel and a mentioned character in Avengers: Endgame.
He was portrayed by Lee Pace.
- His schemes and personality are super generic to the point where Ronan feels like another servant of Thanos, rather than a stand-alone super-villain worthy of his own movie.
- Then there's the constant monologuing he utters.
- For some reason, his hammer (which carries the Power Stone) is his sole weakness where he's invincible in every other format.
- He's just as bad in Captain Marvel where the Kree were focused on, and he didn't even care about his own people, showing nothing but show disrespect, threatening and berating the Kree Starforce for their failures, and even Yon-Rogg despises Ronan for nuking planets indiscriminately.
- In the comics, Ronan was shown to had various anti-villainous traits, it's unclear why they didn't carry his traits onto this version.
- There are brief hints that he does have a somewhat legitimate grudge against the Xandarians, and has been mistreated more than a little by Thanos in their various dealings. If they had explored on this a bit more, it could have made him a more interesting character.
- The fact this version of Ronan is more evil than his comics counterpart might surprise a couple viewers.
- Some may find his reaction to Quill's dancing funny.
- His costume design and hammer design is well made, and looks convincing.
- Lee Pace gives a good performance.