Rodney (Total Drama)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Rodney is one of the contestants of Total Drama: Pahkitew Island. He’s the guy that always falls in love with a girl that gives him any attention.
Why He Sucks
- He’s pretty much a one joke character whose only character trait is that he falls in love with any girl he sees.
- His gag of falling in love with any girl he sees is annoying.
- His "break ups" also tend to be annoying.
- Similar to Beardo, he contributes little to nothing to his team during season, as he doesn’t get anyone out in episode 3’s doom balloon challenge and he’s the sole reason his team lost in episode 4.
- In the first episode, "So, Uh This Is My Team?", he did very little to help Max up after getting hit, and it wasn’t enough as Max feel back to the ground immediately afterwards.
- Also in that same episode, he tried to kiss Jasmine, which was creepy and freaked both her and even Amy out.
- He could have had a chance of getting Sugar out in "Twinning Isn't Everything", during the doom balloon challenge while the Snake was on her face, but he hesitated when he was shocked by what he saw and then she threw the snake away, which went into his direction at him.
- In the same episode, he was so focused on his "break up" with Amy, he didn’t notice Dave was near him, and Dave hit him with a balloon and got him eliminated from the challenge.
- He was at his worst in "I Love You, I Love You Knots", as during the Truth or Scare challenge, he mostly got truths, but couldn’t quite make up his honest answers, which got his team shocked many times.
- Not to mention in the same episode, when he was picked for the sudden death round, he begged to not get another truth question, which shows his cowardly side of telling the truth.
- He also was rude to Clucky the Chicken after Chris revealed the sudden death round was only scares, no truth, thinking she can never shock him again, and says he eats 6 eggs a day since he lives on a farm, which went too far and angered Clucky greatly.
- Also, he couldn’t untie his bag, since "his fingers were too big", but he didn’t even try hard enough, and thanks to angering Clucky, she took the shock remote Ella had and shocked him and the rest of his team multiple times. While he did deserve it for angering Clucky, the rest of his team also suffered because of him.
- It’s thanks to his failures in that same episode and costing his team the challenge is what got him voted off from the competition.
- Passable character design.
- Ian Ronningen did a decent job voicing him.
- While his love side is annoying, he’s generally a nice guy to say the least.
- Unlike Beardo, he did help his team in the first 2 episodes, helping them build their shelter, and also getting his team’s pig across the greasy log slide.
- We can say that he is pretty strong, as he carried supplies like wood and his team’s pig very easily, and also when he got eliminated, Chris fired him towards a battleship, and it’s possible that he accidentally sunk it when hitting it, hinted by Chris saying "I think I just sunk someone’s battleship."