Jump to navigation Jump to search
Rochelle Rock is one of the main characters of the American TV series Everybody Hates Chris, played by Tichina Arnold. She is the mother of the protagonist, Chris Rock, who in turn is based on the mother of the real actor.
Why She Is a Ghetto Snob
- She is a very bossy, authoritarian, grumpy and narcissistic person.
- She practices child abuse with her own children, often beating them severely as a form of punishment.
- She terrorizes not only her children, but also other people outside the family.
- Rochelle also proves to be a terrible wife towards her husband, Julius.
- She often gives up her jobs easily by being rude to her co-workers and bosses, and using the excuse that her husband has two jobs to quit.
- Sometimes, she is shown in violation of traffic laws.
- In one episode, Rochelle shows Julius a knife after finding a bra hidden by Tonya in his drawer.
- She is very proud and thinks she is superior to other people of her neighborhood, to the point of behaving like a high-class person spending most of her husband's money.
- An example of this is in a episode in which Rochelle prefers to use money instead of food tickets (as she had arranged with her husband) to pay for grocery shopping.
- She also proves to be a terrible mother towards her children, especially Chris.
- She has an unhealthy obsession with smoking and chocolate turtles. Her obsession with eating this food is so unhealthy that in one episode she tries to settle for eating all the sugar in the house and stealing candy from her children.
- She doesn’t receive any comeuppance for how she treats her children or Julius, making her a Karma Houdini.
- Even though she is rude to her family, she still shows a lot of care for her children and husband, as well as having a great love for her deceased father.
- In the final season, Rochelle gets a steady job and stops using her husband as an excuse to quit her jobs.
- Tichina Arnold did a spectacular performance portraying her character.