Robin (Teen Titans Go!)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Robin, also known by his real name as Richard John "Dick" Grayson, is the leader and a member of the Teen Titans and one of the main protagonists in the American animated television series, Teen Titans Go!. He is voiced by Scott Menville.
Why He Sucks
- He is a controlling, obsessive and paranoid clutz leader.
- He is a psychopathic perfectionist.
- He has a very short temper and will easily get angry at the other Titans if something isn't done properly. While this is to be expected considering he is the boss, he takes this way too far.
- He is unfunny and tells terrible jokes.
- He is shown to be mentally unstable at times.
- He takes his crush on Starfire way too far at times, up to the point where he acts out fantasies with puppets.
- He often goes from hero to villain just to get what he wants, such as when he kidnapped Speedy to date Starfire.
- He went full nationalist at one point, claiming tea is the British national drink and it could help England to conquer America again, despite the fact that England has been America's ally since WWII.
- In one episode, Hey You Don’t Forget About Me in Your Memory, Robin acts like a childish sore loser and a bully to Beast Boy when the Titans go to school.
- To makes things worse, Robin never learned a thing from his actions and violently assaulted the other Titans to the point where they all got kicked out of school.
- He is unnecessarily ruthless to whose who he considers rivals, like Kid Flash.
- There are times where he twerks.
- He is a crybaby who bawls if something doesn't go his way or one of his things breaks.
- He and the other Titans "won" a dodgeball game by cheating.
- He still acts like this as of Season 6.
- His new design in the show is admittedly passable.
- He can be smart and witty sometimes.
- He is sometimes hilarious and charismatic, like in Video Game References.
- He is still a strong, driven and confident leader.
- The Titans do disobey him often, so some of his behavior is warranted.
- He can at times be very sympathizing. As he was abused by circus animals as a baby, which is why he's so uptight. And his team hardly has any respect for him often as they treat him like he's a joke, and they have even committed mutiny against him by wanting him to replaced by a different leader. The movie Teen Titans Go! To The Movies furthers his sympatheticness as he's considered a joke by every single DC super hero, especially Batman!
- He gets some redemption in Teen Titans Go! To The Movies And Teen Titans Go! vs Teen Titans
- Robin can be compared to Takaharu Igasaki from Shuriken Sentai Ninninger very easily. Both are leaders of their respective teams, both have red as their signature color, both of them try to be "humorous", and both of them are mentally unstable. Similar to how Takaharu Igasaki takes his relationship with his sister, Fuuka Igasaki, way too far at times, Robin takes his crush on Starfire way too far at times.