Ren Höek (Adult Party Cartoon)
Ren Höek is one of the two titular main characters in the Ren and Stimpy franchise. Although he's decent in the original show, he's the exact opposite in the Adult Party Cartoon. And we mean, the exact opposite of decent.
Why He Was An EEDIOT!
NOTE: This only focuses on the Adult Party Cartoon version of Ren, since the original Ren is likable.
- FIRST AND FOREMOST, like the show itself, recasting an iconic cartoon character who was originally portrayed in protagonist and/or anti-heroic roles with sympathetic qualities as a flat-out evil villain with zero sympathetic and redeeming traits is an extremely abysmal idea that was bad from the start, which was why it upset and angered so many fans of Ren & Stimpy and Ren's character in general, since Ren prior to his villainous Flanderization in Ren & Stimpy "Adult Party Cartoon" has been a fan favorite and audiences have been rooting for him for many years, only for him to end up losing all of his charm, likeability, and sympathetic qualities to the point that he becomes universally hated once he gets turned into a loathsome villain. Hence the insults hit the fanbase very hard.
- Most importantly, the idea of Ren being the antagonist took a step way too far for Ren in a more mean-spirited and violent direction of this adult-oriented spin-off.
- He's a complete monster and an irredeemable psychopath who has tormented animals and bugs in his childhood to inflict pain on others, and loves to make others suffer. Heck, he would even make both Eric Cartman and Peter Griffin look innocent by comparison.
- Yes, he was an antipathic psychopath in the original series, but was never a complete monster like his portrayal in this spin-off.
- He killed his therapist after he was called crazy, before proceeding to bite a man's hand off and go completely insane.
- He acted like a mindless pervert to various women in the episode "Naked Beach Frenzy". This is bestiality because Ren is a chihuahua.
- On the topic of perversion and erotic behavior, he even mistreats Stimpy violently and even sexually at times. As seen in Altruists, there was an infamously controversial scene where Ren practically had sexual intercourse with Stimpy when Ren used a wood saw attached to his very crotch to saw a log that was placed on Stimpy's buttocks and the latter begged him to rub the saw in between his buttocks. This is extremely disgusting to watch, it reaches the point of "eye-bleach" territory.
- He beats up his friend Stimpy constantly, unlike in the original show, where it was kind of the opposite.
- His character was one of the biggest problems with the Adult Party Cartoon, which was a show that already contained many problems.
- He doesn't get punished for all the crap that he does. In fact, he never gets his comeuppances for any of the over-the-top mean-spirited actions that he had done over the years, like getting put in jail, meaning that he is a giant Karma Houdini.
- Gross-Out Behavior: He and Stimpy are the constant causes of making stomach-wrenching scenes. One of these examples includes eating body fluids and living inside a drunk person's mouth while not seeming to care that much about it.
- His character design can look ugly at times, mainly due to John K. preferring off-model rather than staying on-model.
- Overall, his character basically represents the abusive and perverted side of his creator, John Kricfalusi.