Princess Elise the Third
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Princess Elise the Third (Princess Elise or Elise) is a major character in the game Sonic the Hedgehog (2006). She is Sonic's love interest and suffered from her father being killed when she was young.
Why She Sucks
- Elise's biggest flaw is the fact she is excruciatingly bland. She is so one-dimensional and forgettable that she was never seen again in a Sonic game.
- She is so much of a damsel in distress, to the point that she outclasses Princess Peach. You know, the queen of video game damsels?
- The only difference is that Peach is actually likable and at least there are some games where she's not a damsel in distress like Super Mario Bros. 2, Super Princess Peach and Super Mario 3D World (as well as its upcoming port Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury).
- Again, she lacks in character and personality.
- She serves little to no purpose to be a character in the Sonic the Hedgehog franchise. She was meant to be Sonic's love interest, which is incredibly out-of-place since she is a human character and barely has anything in common with him.
- She became universally hated by fans in the scene where she kisses Sonic in the lips when he was dead!
- Her design makes her look like a creepy and lifeless mannequin.
- Elise can't defend herself. Even though she has powers, she can't protect herself from being kidnapped, which happens five times! Instead, she decides to let Sonic save her. One could see her as Princess Peach's much blander, forgettable, and helpless counterpart.
- And even IF she couldn't control them, she could at least find something to use as a weapon instead of being the same old Damsel-in-Distress.
- Elise's backstory is extremely touching.
- She has some development.
- Despite being bland, she has a caring and protective demeanor.
- Her theme song is pretty good.