Percy the Small Engine (seasons 15 and 16)
Percy is a green saddle tank engine (0-4-0). He is Thomas The Tank Engine's best friend and the number six engine on the Island of Sodor. He is liked by the cast and is a Fan Favorite to all of the fans.
Sadly, he was badly flanderized in seasons 15 & 16, becoming an idiot.
Why He Caused Confusion and Delay
NOTE: This page will only talk about how he was badly butchered through Seasons 15-16.
- He became an idiot who obsesses over Thomas's attention.
- In Day of the Diesels, he cried about Thomas spending time with Belle and Flynn which caused him to go to the types of diesel for attention, an example of why he obsesses over Thomas's attention.
- He cries over the smallest things that are not worth crying over.
- There were even moments where he acted like an idiot before he was flanderized, with Up, Up, and Away being a prime example.
- He causes just as much confusion and delay and screws everything up equally as Thomas does.
- He is pretty much portrayed as you're generic "idiot" cliche.
- In "Percy and The Monster of Brendam" he goes on the stupidest journey to find a made-up monster Salty told him about, which proves that he is also very gullible.
- In "Percy's New Friends" he tried to befriend animals, but he kept being loud which caused them to get scared and run away, why would Percy need animals for friends? He's got plenty of friends already!
- His first two voice actors, Martin Sherman in the US dub and Keith Wickham in the UK dub (S13-16) were quite annoying. Keith Wickham's voice barely fits Percy as well.
- He still cares about his friends.
- He was a much better character in Seasons 1-14 and has massively redeemed himself throughout Seasons 17-24, but sadly, got flanderized again in All Engines Go.
- After Season 18, his voice actors were replaced by Christopher Ragland in the US dub and Nigel Pilkington in the UK dub. These two actors are pretty good and are a big improvement over the previous two actors.
- He was tolerable in some episodes.
- Just like Jerry in the Gene Deitch era and SpongeBob in Seasons 6B & 7, his flanderization was short-lived as he was flanderized for only two seasons, unlike the others who had flanderizations in more seasons than his.