Jump to navigation Jump to search
Peppa Pig is a 4-year old pig and the titular main protagonist of the British animated TV series Peppa Pig.
Why She Deserves To Become Bacon
- Her character is basically the British equivalent of Caillou, as Peppa Pig is normally portrayed as an ungrateful, whiny, spoiled brat who forcefully wants to do stuff in her own ways without thinking of others, much like Caillou.
- Her main problem is that she treats the people around her pretty badly, as she often acts like a huge brat towards them and is often a jerk for no reason whatsoever.
- She is mostly rude towards her father, as she often fat-shames him all the time for no apparent reason, even if her dad is overweight, constant shaming towards his body is not only cruel and mean, but it is also offensive to people who are actually fat and want to lose weight.
- She is also rude to George in tons of episodes, as she often excludes him whenever one of her friends come over to visit, and whenever George does something that Peppa doesn't want him to do, she ridicules and jeers at him.
- Her design, while cute and not too bad, much like with all the other characters in the show, is poorly drawn
- Unlike Angelica from Rugrats, she's a "Karma Houdini" as she almost always gets away with being nasty to others and receives little to no consequences at all for her actions.
- The worst example is the episode "Richard Rabbit Comes To Play", Peppa and Suzy force George and Richard to stop playing with their dinosaurs and they make them play with doctors which they don't want to play with, and ends up making the two cry. Instead of scolding Peppa and Suzy for being rude to George and Richard, Peppa's parents let them all go outside and jump in muddy puddles. Thus, Peppa doesn't get punished for being rude to others or receive character development. Not to mention, the whole episode would have never happened if Peppa and Suzy didn't force George and Richard to stop playing with their dinosaurs or if they just played in another room of the house.
- In a similar manner to how Muck from Bob the Builder has an obsession with getting muddy, Peppa has a bad habit of jumping in muddy puddles, which can encourage children to have self-neglect on their own hygiene.
- Whenever she loses at a game, she acts like a sore loser and comes to the conclusion that the other player "cheated" or intentionally did something to mess her up when they clearly didn't.
- In fact, she falls out with Suzy all because she lost in a game of Snap.
- In the episode where they play soccer, Danny Dog who was on the other team scores and Peppa says "This is a silly game!" then it turns out he accidentally scored the wrong team which meant Peppa and her teammates got a point and she changes her mind of soccer being a silly game.
- She constantly, CONSTANTLY says "it's not fair", just because the odds aren't in her favor.
- Whenever she fails at something she only did once, she calls it "impossible", proving how much of a sore loser she is.
- She often gets angry and worked up over the littlest things, for example, she once got angry at Suzy because she accused her of being a chatterbox, which then Peppa tries to never talk again, which doesn't make sense; you don't make a decision to never talk again just because someone tells you that you talk too much.
- As mentioned earlier, she almost never gets any character development throughout the show, as she never learns from her mistakes, wrongdoings and neither does she feel remorseful about her actions (sometimes).
- She is very deceitful about what she likes to play with, as she only cares about doing "girl activities" like playing with dolls and wearing red dresses and gets tricky when she does "boy activities", making her sexist.
- An example of her being sexist is when she tried to ban boys from coming into her treehouse.
- Much like Caillou, she is a terrible role model and a bad influence to children, as most of her bratty behaviour and mean-spirited actions could cause children to mimic her actions.
- She can admittedly be cute sometimes (though normally when she is not bratty)
- Despite being poorly drawn, her design can be considered cute.
- Sometimes, she does get her karma or comeuppance (like in "Piggy in the Middle" when she got scolded by Mummy Pig for teasing George)
- At time, she does apologises for her actions (such as in "Snow" where apologises to George for being too rough and "The Quarrel" where she tries to apologise)
- Her voice can sound decent at times, thanks to Lily Snowden-Fine, Cecily Bloom, Harley Bird, Amelie Bea Smith, including her US voice actor Sydney Patrick, voicing her.
- She does care and can be nice to her family (especially her grandparents) and friends at times.
- In some episodes, she is shown to reconcile with Daddy Pig, George and/or her friends at times
- There are some moments where she is likable (or sometimes tolerable) like "Thunderstorm" (when she didn't act bratty here) and "International Day" (despite being a bad episode, mainly due to how she defends George Pig from Suzy).
- She was pretty likeable during the first two episodes of the show, it wasn't till "Best Friend" which started the downhill of her character.
- At least she doesn't throw tantrums unlike Caillou.
- She slightly improved in the later seasons as her mean-spirted and bratty tendencies did got tone down.
- She also massively improved and become more tolerable in Season 5-7.
- While still bad, she's nowhere near as terrible as her knockoff, Wolfoo.