Pepe the King Prawn is a Muppet character from Muppets Tonight, he is a king prawn who talks in a heavy Spanish accent and was originally a part of a vaudeville double act with Seymour the Elephant. Starting with Muppets from Space he started to make solo appearances without Seymour and later became a major character in the Muppet franchise.
He is voiced by Bill Barretta.
Bad Qualities, Okay
- Like Miss Piggy, he is just full of himself and is very egotistical, but unlike Miss Piggy which makes her personality funny, Pepe's personality makes him annoying.
- He usually ends his sentences with "okay", which might be funny at first, but it gets on your nerves quickly.
- His design is ugly and unappealing, since he has big eyes, a large mouth, and a tooth on his lower jaw which looks more like a speck of food rather than a tooth.
- His voice can get really annoying at times, especially with Topo Sticky.
- He is also shown to do several gross stuff such as farting in some Muppet movie bloopers such as in Muppets in Space where he farts in Rizzo's face.
- He is usually shown making fun of the other muppets such as Kermit, Fozzie, and Gonzo.
- He can act like a major jerk sometimes.
- While he is unique for having four arms unlike other muppets, he is usually shown using only two arms rather than four which is a wasted opportunity.
- He also acts like a pervert and is shown hitting on several women that he meets and tries to ask them to go on a date with him.
Good Qualities, Okay
- There are some people who like him.
- Like all the other muppets, he has several funny moments.
- He doesn't always act like a selfish jerk and there were times where he cares about the other muppets and is very good friends with Gonzo, Rizzo and especially Seymour.
- He did improve a bit in later Muppet productions like Muppets Haunted Mansion.
- "I am not a shrimp, I am a king prawn, okay?"
- Despite being annoying, Bill Barretta does a good job puppetring and voicing him.