"Don't let your kids watch it!" - Robbie Rotten
This article contains potentially sensitive content that may be discomforting or upsetting to certain users. Reader discretion is advised!
Reason: Things that can make readers experience discomfort, such as sexual abuse, twerking, nudity and other disgusting things.
Pencilmate is the main protagonist of the YouTube show Pencilmation. He is a childish, immature adult who often gets into mischief.
Some Poorly Designed Qualities
- While it is noted that his personality is of a fun-loving, immature adult who acts like a child, this often at times can get annoying and aggravating, especially in certain episodes.
- Unlike Hank Hanky, his design is generic. He is basically just white, and has a blue shirt, though it is a step up from his original design, which was just white entirely.
- Like with Scrappy-Doo, his "HAA, HA-HA!" catchphrase gets old in no time.
- He can act disgusting or disturbing, such as times when he's twerking and picking his nose, all though he didn't want people to know the latter.
- It is shown he is quite heartless and doesn't even care about his own peers, because once, he abandoned his friend. When Mini Pencilmate got captured by aliens, he just abandons him there... after coming to save him, though this was unintentional as he thought they were still playing tag and the alien who captured Mini Pencilmate was thankfully knocked out by himself.
- Speaking of which, he can act extremely mean-spirited and toxic to others, playing jokes and pranks that only hurt others. For example, in one episode, he tricked Mini Pencilmate with chocolate and then ate it, which is a kinda messed up prank.
- He is even mean-spirited to his world around him; for example, he once angrily mocked the sun by morphing his head into it to mock it just because he could, although this can be justified because the sun was stalking and annoying him and wouldn't leave him alone, so at least the sun partially deverses it.
- He is a huge crybaby, which despite still being part of his personality, can get annoying.
- Sometimes, he can make ugly or disturbing faces.
- He accidently causes trouble nearly all of the time:
- He makes a mess at the mall just to find clothes and causes people to look at him, although the mess was unintentional.
- He destroyed Mini Pencilmate's invention just to get batteries, but it was on accident.
- He went on a rampage when he got the number 7718 (which he thought was a cursed unlucky number as he thought bad things can happen when the numbers count from 7711 to 7718, and 7718 was seemingly the worst number) when it was actually his bill to pay for the food.
- In a scene where he drank coffee, he made an ugly face and went into a room where he shouldn't be, which actually looks like he tried to reference him getting drunk. Very child-friendly, Pencilmate.
- He can sometimes be hypocritical, like when he acts like he does not like kale, but eats it anyway or when he sings about not being afraid of anything but gets scared of anything that pops up, although these two hypocritical moment weren't that bad and are a bit funny.
- Sometimes, he can be a massive punching bag to others as he always gets picked on by them, especially because of his friends (e.g. Big Red Box and Mini Pencilmate) and his equally bad wife, Pencilmiss.
- There are times where he never gets any comeuppance whatsoever, but luckily to the point where he's not a Karma Houdini.
- Because of the aforementioned reasons, he is one of the many reasons why his show was on the Terrible TV Shows Wiki.
- To explore the metaphor elephant in the episode "Walk of Lame", it's seemingly implied that Pencilmate was just useless filler in the entire series, because while the some of other charaters (even Pencilmiss) are on the walk of fame, he wasn't as the so called "star of Pencilmation" was the pencil, who wasn't usually featured in the modern videos after late 2018, and to make the almost all the charaters in the series (even Pencilmate and the pencil) look like they were just plain useless forgettable filler in the entire series that mostly featured them for over a decade, Pencilmiss, Mini Pencilmate, Big Guy, Lil' Pencilmiss, Tall Guy, and Granny are seemingly the only charaters in the series to be recognized by the people in the episode "Walk of Lame". as Pencilmiss has her movie, Mini Pencilmate has a casino and a store named after him, Granny has a land named after her, and Big Guy has his own series and resturant named after him.
- To make Ross Bollinger and the other writers seem pure eviler than the pencil (who usually tortures Pencilmate), Hank Hanky and Little Blue Man (who are also main characters) weren't featured in the episode.
- In a thumbnail, HE SEXUALY ABUSES PENCILMISS BY USING HIS BUTT TO USE A HAIR BLOWER TO REVEAL PENCILMISS' BUTT AND PANTIES. Why Pencilmate? AND BY THE WAY, PENCILMATE IS ALSO HALF NAKED AS HE DOESN'T HAS HIS PANTS AND EVEN HIS UNDERWEAR ON.
- However, this was thankfully replaced by the same thunbnail, except that Pencilmate is using a hair blower to blow Pencilmiss' head and hair instead of exposing her butt and panties, but he is still half naked and is also still using his butt to hold the hair blower.
- In fact, the thumbnail would have got the entire channel terminated if it wasn't changed.
Some Well Designed Qualtites
- He can be likable at times, and also there are still a few fans who root for him.
- Although it's generic, his design is nice and also somewhat cute.
- Pencilmation would definitely not be the same without him.
- He usually gets punished for his actions, so at least he's not a Karma Houdini.
- He doesn't act gross at times.
- When Pencilmiss isn't acting like a jerk towards him or treating him like crap, their relationship isn't so bad, and is sometimes cute.
- Despite causing trouble all the time, they're usually unintentional accidents.