|This page needs some cleaning up to meet Loathsome Characters Wiki's quality standards.|
The following reason has been specified: pointers could be more detailed
Peggy Hill is a character from the American animated sitcom King of the Hill. She is the wife of Hank Hill. She was once a good character during the first 9 seasons, but starting in season 10, she was flanderized.
- She became more of an annoying nagging wife than before.
- She now started disagreeing with Hank on EVERYTHING for no good reason.
- She became a bad Spanish teacher.
- She became a terrible mother to Bobby because of her delusions and irresponsible nature.
- She is sometimes abusive towards both Hank and Bobby as she constantly undermines Bobby’s dreams and ambitions out of jealousy. In “The Incredible Hank”, Peggy abuses Hank by secretly spiking his food and drink with testosterone in dangerous amounts to the point where his physical and cognitive abilities were impaired.
- She now rarely recognizes when she is wrong or ignorant and she will often become bitter or stubborn and refuse to admit it until the last minute, making her incredibly stubborn.
- She now constantly brags about her accomplishments and rubs them in people's faces, making her obnoxious.
- She ruined Lucky's chances of earning his GED. Yes, Lucky isn't exactly a fan favorite, but that was still a terrible thing to do.
- She was at least a likable character in the earlier seasons.
- Kathy Najimy still did a good job voicing her, despite her talent wasted.
- She still has funny moments sometimes, such as:
- The montage of alternative churches she and the other Hills reject while looking for a new place of worship in "Church Hopping".
- "Hank's Bully"'s side-plot with her and Dale, and it has some of the best bits of humor, such as the ending where they accidentally cause a power outage at the taxidermy contest.
- She still loves her family and friends very much. She still shows her care for them much more than Lois does to her loved ones nowadays.
- Her relationship with Hank is still healthy and heartwarming.
- While her mother skills took a turn for the worse, she and her son Bobby are still very close. She’s also still close to her niece Luanne, and her bad mom moments are nowhere near as bad as Lois', since she isn’t abusive.
- She adores Gracie with all her heart, even wanting her to refer to her as Grandma.
- It is possible that according to a popular theory, she received brain damage at the beginning of the fourth season, thus giving her narcissistic personality disorder.
- She wasn’t flanderized too badly compared to other Fox protagonists who fallen to flanderizarion like Peter, Lois and Brian, as Peggy still has a group of her fans that root for her, and King of the Hill still wouldn’t be the same without her.