Patrick Star (Seasons 6-8)
Patrick Star is a fictional character in the American animated television series SpongeBob SquarePants. He is voiced by actor Bill Fagerbakke and was created and designed by the late marine biologist and cartoonist Stephen Hillenburg. He is the best friend and neighbor of SpongeBob SquarePants.
During Seasons 1-5, he is a simple-minded yet charming character, but during Seasons 6-8, there was a more malicious side of his personality with none of the likability whatsoever and was a part of controversial themes to SpongeBob fans and viewers, sometimes more than the bad seasons of SpongeBob itself.
Why He Sucked
- He went from a dimwitted, yet hilarious comic relief to an insufferable imbecile.
- He can be a malicious jerk who bullies SpongeBob on occasions, despite being his "best friend". He tends to take advantage of SpongeBob's good-hearted nature in several instances.
- He is often unnecessarily loud.
- He is a crybaby, though so much as SpongeBob, despite being more childish than him.
- He is callous as he seems to have complete disregard for his surroundings. For example, in Big Sister Sam he allows his more dimwitted and brutish older sister Sam to demolish SpongeBob and Squidward's houses for no good reason.
- Even worse, he blames both Squidward & SpongeBob for being angry about how Squidward's house just got demolished (which proves that he cannot understand, perceive nor handle the idea of criticism nor does his ever realize his mistakes) and also states that they are bad friends when SpongeBob tries to reason with him (despite SpongeBob originally being his longtime best friend).
- He is very bossy & demanding.
- His gags had become mostly flat, stale and unfunny.
- He's always ungrateful for everything he was given.
- Several episodes show how unlikable he is such as:
- He's also proven to be very careless (Stuck In The Wringer [by putting "Forever Glue" only to make SpongeBob stuck forever, showing another example of how Patrick's moronic characteristic was dumbed down even more]),
- He was also shown to be very selfish & narcissistic in numerous episodes.
- He was bratty in episodes like (Yours, Mine and Mine [Patrick selfishly keeping the Patty Pal for himself, even if SpongeBob wanted it back, and not to mention; he stole his wallet to spend two of them for each other while it was against his will, and he hypocritically says that "Have you learned nothing about sharing?" when yet, he doesn't share, making Patrick look very manipulative, hypocritical & unfair in the process]).
- Like SpongeBob, he is extremely immature and never acts his age. Before flanderization, it was admittedly rare for him to act like an adult, but he still had some levels of maturity. However, during these seasons, he never does.
- Again like SpongeBob, he is supposed to be an adult, but he has the mentality of a 4-year old.
- His one tooth that is always sticking out of his mouth during this season as if it's an integral part of his design is very annoying, despite him rarely expressing this in earlier seasons.
- He occasionally has his originality personality and hilarious moments.
- He, along with SpongeBob, has massively redeemed himself since the ninth season.
- He does get a bit of comeuppance in some episodes, but that doesn't remove him from the Karma-Houdini party or the Idiot-Houdini party.