Paddy the Pelican
|This page needs some cleaning up to meet Loathsome Characters Wiki's quality standards.|
The following reason has been specified: Short page.
Paddy the Pelican is the eponymous protagonist of the infamous 1950's cartoon The Adventures of Paddy the Pelican. He is voiced by Sam Singer, who also voiced all the characters and did the show all by himself in general.
Why He Sucks
- He has a terrible sounding "fast-talking" tone of voice, even by 1950s standards.
- His personality is one of the stalest personalities out there, if not the most so.
- He is very repetitive since he always does the same thing by repeating the same antics over and over again.
- His laugh is very annoying to listen to, much to the point that it is often shoehorned in the intro.
- His dialogue is very laughable and it makes him seem too goofy for us to sympathize with him (well most of the time).
- He talks way too fast, which makes it very difficult for the viewers to understand what he's saying on top of being badly animated.
- His design, despite it being average, it can look ugly whenever he gets angry.
- As mentioned at WHS#3, his antics get old pretty fast.
- Despite having silly-sounding dialogue, there were times when he is often treated like a punching bag, especially if he didn't really deserve it at all.
- A lot like most of the characters in the show, his design is rather decent.
- Despite having a stale personality, compared to most of the main characters/side characters in the show, he isn't mean-spirited or rude per see. Examples of this are him helping others in the episode "Plum Valley" and having a heroic motive in the episode "Swania Foiled Again".
- He is sometimes sympathetic when being treated as a scapegoat on occasion, the infamous "Piggy Bank Robbery" is an example.
- Depending on your view, he can be seen as a 'so bad he's funny/entertaining' type of character with providing some very silly moments that are unintentionally funny and hard to take seriously.
- A prime example of this is how his voice is hilariously awful.