Pacster (Pac-Man and the Ghostly Adventures)
Note: This page will only talk about Pac-Man as he appears in Pac-Man and the Ghostly Adventures. Not the original incarnation of Pac-Man since he's likeable.
Pacster (also refered to as Pac-Man or simply Pac) is the main character of Pac-Man and the Ghostly Adventures. In this show, he's is supposed to be portrayed as a teenager. His real name is Pacster, but became known as "Pac-Man" after he became a hero. He is close friends with Cylindria and Spiral. We all know that Pac-Man is refereed to as a gaming icon, but this version of Pac-Man is not like the other.
- Pac-Man has suffered from flanderizaion in the show. At first, Pac-Man is depicted as an iconic video game character who is lovable. In the show, however, he becomes a glutton who cares more about food rather than helping others. No wonder food is his weakness.
- An instance involving Pac-Man becoming a full-on glutton was when he wants better self-control in Mission ImPacable! This is proof that even Pac is aware of this.
- He has a very unhealthy diet in the series. He usually eats a balanced meal in the game, such as cherries, strawberries, oranges, apples, melons, also Galaxian Flagships, bells, keys, but he goes far from it.
- He is also shown to be rather disgusting at times, like whenever he burps after eating either food or ghosts.
- Pac could somehow have a relationship with Pinky (who is a ghost) as seen with some of the show's scenes. This means that he is committing spectrophilia.
- In the episode That Smarts!, Pac-Man ingests a berry that increases his intellect thus turning him into a stereotypical nerd which is often seen as cliche or offensive to nerds.
- Like many of the characters from the show, he is often seen as a flat character who tries to get depth. However, this all fails thanks to the writers.
- Sometimes he is Disobedient. In All You Can Eat, President Spheros limits Pac to three meals a day. What happened next? Betrayus manipulates Pac to eat Netherworld food which makes him too full thanks to Pac's obsession with food and ignoring Spheros (though Clyde burps Pac and eats the ghosts).
- He is a terrible singer as seen in the episode, Robo Woes.
- While it may be true that his character design somewhat stays true via updates, Pac-Man can sometimes look uncanny when he shows his teeth and looks pretty cheesy compared to his Smash Bros appearance which was way better.
- Even if he was updated in the PMATGA games, He's still fanderized.
- His character design is pretty passable since it still stays true to the original Pac-Man design. Only it's updated and some may find his design in the show cute. In fact, he still looks pretty unique when he takes on different forms like Ice Pac-Man, Chameleon Pac-Man, Pac-Kong, etc.
- "Aw man, I'm a meme."
- He's brave and usually wants to make the world a better place while having fun doing it.
- Despite him being gluttony, he still shares some friendship towards some characters such as Spiral and Cylindria. Surprisingly enough, he's still shown to have friendship with Blinky, Pinky, Inky, and Clyde due to how the 4 ghosts are somehow allies to Pac-Man as seen in the show.
- Despite the cheesy voice acting, at least you can still say that Erin Matthews, Erica Mendez, and Yuka Terasaki still did their effort to voice Pac.
- Much like his video game counterpart, he can still eat ghosts which is something you would expect Pac to do.
- Masahiro Sakurai (the creator of Super Smash Bros) did mentioned that he would drop Pac-Man in the roster if he used the Ghostly Adventures version of Pac-Man rather than the old-school design as seen in this article.