Owen (Total Drama Action)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Owen is a character from the Total Drama franchise. He was a great character in Island, and has been since World Tour. Unfortunately, during Total Drama Action, he was badly flanderized.
Why He Sucked In This Season
- In Action, he went from a hilarious and pretty friendly guy to a very unfunny and obnoxious person who doesn’t always help people.
- In "Total Drama Drama Drama Drama Island", he decided to give up the money he won in the first season, which was a bad move.
- In "Monster Cash" it took him 10 and 1/2 hours to walk 3 city blocks. As quoted by DJ, "That’s just sad, man."
- In the same episode, he ate all of the fake food props, not even caring what the actual challenge was, finding the key in the props.
- When he did win, by burping out the key, he picked the squished trailer. Although, the other trailer was squished right after, and both trailers were rebuilt.
- In "Alien Resurreggtion", he purposely got himself out of the challenge, though it’s understandable since he needed the bathroom.
- In "Beach Blanket Bogus", he ate the green bracelet Beth gave him.
- In the same episode, he ate his team’s sandcastle and barfed sand on Lindsay.
- In "3:10 To Crazytown", he chased the horse to jump on it and get his team a point, which was cheating but Chris allowed it anyway. But it’s understandable since Owen would have normally landed on the horse, but the horse didn’t want to be crushed by his huge weight.
- Even after he drank the water, he still gets quickly exhausted in the roping challenge, and that’s one of the reasons his team lost.
- He agrees with Justin and his lies that Gwen and Trent were in an alliance, and it gets even worse in "The Chefshank Redemption", where he wants her to lose challenges for her team.
- In "The Chefshank Redemption", he put Flakes in the Gappher’s prison food, which was very gross.
- In "Full Metal Drama", he refused to drink the remedies to help with his constipation, leaving Leshawna to drink them instead.
- In "Ocean's Eight - Or Nine", he ate his team’s bank robbing tools, because he couldn’t control his hunger.
- In the same episode, he tried to eat his own TEAM, because he was so hungry, so Lindsay and Beth were forced to wired his jaw shut so he wouldn’t go too far.
- In the same episode, he admitted that he’s done some questionable things:
- He cheated on his 3rd grade math exam;
- He stole his uncle’s hair and glued it to a goat at a petting zoo in the 4th grade;
- In the 5th grade he knocked his little brother down the stairs and blamed his other little brother;
- When he went to fat camp, he ate all the food that was served and the kids didn’t have anything to eat for a week;
- He made fake puke, brought it to school, and dumped it on his fellow students and teachers.
- In "Rock n' Rule", Chris brought him back to the show as a saboteur, and he agreed to it.
- In the same episode, he jumped on a bed in the set, and crushed Lindsay who was sitting on it, without regard for her safety and well-being.
- He spies on the contestants, so that he can tell them what to do in advance.
- In "Crouching Courtney, Hidden Owen", he sabotaged the girl’s controls for the robot suit Beth was wearing, which made them lose the challenge.
- In "2008 A Space Owen", he smashed the window on the zero-gravity simulation.
- In "Top Dog", he blocked a path in the lake which led Courtney to a waterfall, then led Duncan in the wrong path to a trap, and got a GPS to get him back after sabotaging the other players.
- His gross out moments were cranked up to max during this season.
- He was a coward when his cover was blown, and hid behind the bear for protection.
- He gets away with his actions in Action without any punishment most of the time, making him a Karma Houdini.
- He was a better character during the first season of the show, and he thankfully redeemed himself and became lovable again in "Celebrity Manhunt's TDA Reunion Show", and has stayed that way since World Tour.
- His weight can be super useful, like when he was too heave for the robot monster to pick up.
- He has some decent strength, as he was able to pull his team’s make up trailer up the hill.
- He still have some hilarious moments here and there.
- Scott McCord still did a great job voicing him.
- We can sympathize with him for getting his jaw broken in "Masters Of Disasters", because of Chef, meaning he couldn’t eat anything, he could only drink mixed foods and drinks.
- His speech in "Ocean’s Eight - Or Nine" was beautiful and also quite funny.
- He helps the others get Geoff to see what his ways have done to him in "The Aftermath III".
- At least him taking Chris’ offer to be a saboteur is for a good reason, because Chris would help pay off his family’s debt if he did his job, so we can understand Owen trying to help his family.
- He did give Harold the courage to finally stand up to Duncan.
- While he did smash the zero-gravity simulation window, he was also the one to block it, with his huge body.
- He got his comeuppance in "Top Dog", when he got busted and everyone found out he was a saboteur, which led to Chris firing him and eliminated from the competition for good.
- He’s still a nice guy at times.
- "One Flu Over The Cuckoos", "Masters Of Disasters", "Mutiny on the Soundstage", and "The Aftermath IV" are the only episodes of the season where he’s likable.
- Owen is one out of a few characters to have their name referenced in an episode title, with the others being Chef Hatchet, Harold, Courtney, Bridgette, Chris, Ezekiel, Scarlett, and Sky. He is currently the only character whose name is used in more than one episode title. In this case, Crouching Courtney, Hidden Owen and 2008: A Space Owen.
- Owen is one of the few characters to have had his weight revealed, as he states his weight was two-hundred and ninety-six pounds (also being ten pounds heavier as of The Aftermath: III, and gained enough weight to break the net holding him up in Top Dog). The only other characters to do so are Harold and Cameron.
- Owen, Cody, Tyler, Trent, Scott, Cameron, and Sierra are the only contestants that have been injured to the point of having to be in a wheelchair.
- Owen is one of seven contestants in the franchise to have returned after being previously eliminated, with the others being Izzy, Eva, Duncan, Dakota, Geoff, and Brody.
- Owen is one of only four contestants to make an alliance with an authority figure. The others are DJ, Ezekiel, and Blaineley.