Omochao (Sonic the Hedgehog)
"Hi, I'm Omochao! I'm here to help you!" — Omochao, Sonic Adventure 2
Omochao (オモチャオ Omochao) is a character in the Sonic the Hedgehog series. He is a robotic Chao with virtually unlimited knowledge about the world. He's known for being hated for players with his information.
- His information can be very annoying for players, especially if they have already figured out how to play. As a matter of fact, he can be as useless and annoying as Tokkori (Kirby).
- His old English voice from Sonic Adventure 2 and Sonic Heroes is very grating. Especially when he gets mad in the former said game. In other words, he wasted the talent of Lani Minella.
- When you play Team Rose's story for the first time in Sonic Heroes, you're not able to skip it because you're forced to listen to Omochao's lecture.
- He and the other Chao replaced Cream in Team Sonic Racing which angers multiple Cream fans to the point where they wish that she was in the game as DLC.
- He's also kinda a hypocrite. For example, he says "Keep your health meter above zero. Collecting rings will slowly recover health" and "Did you know that the doctor's mustache is fake?". Which is a lie since part of Eggman's mustache got ripped off at one point.
- Rebecca Honig's performance as Omochao in Sonic and the Secret Rings is atrocious and cringe-worthy. Instead of sounding like a little boy, Rebecca's performance made Omochao sound more like a grandma.
- He can be pretty helpful for beginners if they don't know how to play Sonic Adventure 2.
- He's more tolerable in Sonic Riders since Liza Jacqueline made him sound less annoying and more laid-back, levelheaded, calm and tolerable.
- Thankfully, you have the option to turn Omochao off in Sonic Generations if you find him annoying.
- Laura Bailey and Erica Lindbeck did pretty good at voicing Omochao.
- In Sonic Adventure 2, you have the option to shut him up by throwing him against a wall or even off a cliff, and shooting him while playing as Tails or Eggman.
- To be fair, at least Omochao doesn't seem like a jerk to Sonic and his friends, and he's often willing to help Sonic out when he needs to.
- There is a Sonic Rom Hack known as Sonic the Hedgehog: Omochao Edition where it is a game that pokes fun on Omochao's annoyance with Omochao in said game announcing anything the player does.
- Omochao's name is a portmanteau of the Japanese word "omocha"(Japanes for "toy") and "Chao".