Oliver Tyler (The Brady Bunch)
|This page needs some cleaning up to meet Loathsome Characters Wiki's quality standards.|
The following reason has been specified: Underdetailed page. It needs more info on the pointers.
Cousin Oliver, or Oliver Tyler, is a minor character in the American sitcom The Brady Bunch. He was a new character who appeared in the last six episodes of the show, and was portrayed by Robbie Rist.
Why He Sucks
- He's clearly a character who was added just for the sake of trying too hard to appeal to younger viewers, and doesn't keep the original charm of the characters (and by extension, the series), to the point where he has a trope named after him: "Cousin Oliver", aka Creator's Pet.
- He hardly has any personality other than being a troublemaker.
- Within his first day at the Brady house ("Welcome Aboard"), he caused a lot of accidents before the end of the day trying to show off his skills. And we're supposed to feel bad for him when he overhears the Brady kids calling him a jinx. And what does he get in the end? Access to a 1920s comedy movie.
- Because of him, season 5 was when the series was beginning to go downhill, and it's possible he caused the show to get cancelled.
- For some reason during the other episodes, Oliver barely got any screen time at all, meaning that the character's addition was pretty much pointless.
- His appearance can be considered cute to some people, notably the pair of glasses he wears.
- Robbie Rist does a good job portraying him.