Noah Kaiba is the central antagonist of the first half of the Virtual World Story Arc in the anime series Yu-Gi-Oh! that is adapted from manga volumes 8-38
He is the biological son of Gozaburo Kaiba, the adoptive brother of Seto and Mokuba Kaiba. Despite being the main antagonist of the Arc, he was actually a pawn to Gozaburo Kaiba.
Why He Sucks
- Despite being written as an intelligent young boy who possess knowledge beyond human intellect that could make him come off as a very potentially written villain, Noah instead just comes off as a generic spoiled brat who will do anything to get his way.
- He also comes off as a very unnecessary character who only appeared as an antagonist in a filler arc, and Gozaburo's plan would have still been enforced if Noah was never even a character.
- Despite being incredibly intelligent, all of his tricks he set up in the Virtual World all came off as a cheap and immature attempt to claim everything from Seto Kaiba, and he calls it being fair and square.
- Even his attempt to cheat was cheap. Like using Mokuba as a shield so Kaiba couldn't attack him.
- Compared to the other Yu-Gi-Oh! villains, that had qualities that made them come off as memorable, hilarious, or just downright badass, Noah has none of those qualities, and just comes off as very forgettable.
- While his voice actor puts in a good performance, his voice can come off as annoying.
The Only Redeeming Quality
- Of course, he indeed does realized his father's actions.