Nikki Maxwell (Dork Diaries)
Nicole "Nikki" Julliane Maxwell is the protagonist and narrator of Dork Diaries series. She is Brianna Maxwell's older sister. She labels herself as a dork and goes to Westchester Country Day on a scholarship, because her father is the school's exterminator. One of her biggest fears is that someone will find out that she attends Westchester Country Day on her dad's bug extermination scholarship. Nikki's best friends at school are Chloe Garcia and Zoey Franklin and is the love interest of Brandon Roberts. Her enemies are Mackenzie Hollister and Jessica Hunter.
- She is a selfish jerk and brat who doesn't care about anyone but only herself, her diary, and her dorkiness and thinks she is better than anyone else when she's not.
- She is very ungrateful and disrespectful towards her parents; she calls them "brain dead" just because they don't want to buy her a new phone and her dad is an exterminator.
- She also bullies her younger sister Brianna just because she is not as "perfect" as her, calls her a brat (when she’s just a cheerful toddler) and even wishes her to be dead!
- She is a character who only cares about what she looks like or how popular she is. All she ever thinks about is being better than anyone else or being someone she is not. All the problems she has either revolve around being "single" or stereotypical "girly girl" problems like not having nice enough clothes, or dealing with mean girls like Mackenzie.
- She overuses￼ certain words like "OMG", "dork" and "SQUEE" which can get really annoying to the extent.
- She wastes her time drooling and obsessing over her crush Brandon, which gets extremely weird and disturbing.
- She gets little-to-no character development throughout the series as she remains the same.
- She acts like her life is a great big problem and doesn't appreciate the love her parents give her.
- Her personally is way too similar to Greg Heffley from Diary of a Wimpy Kid.
- Her anime-esque character design is somewhat pretty.
- She still loves her family and friends despite her selfish attitude.
- While she might be a spoiled brat, at least she's not that bad as Angela Anaconda, who is a rebellious troublemaker and a psychopath.
- There are times when Nikki is nice and supportive towards her friends and family.
- Nikki is a pretty good artist.
- She is right about Brianna being a pest sometimes, though this is because she is little.
- Sometimes, she stands up for herself when MacKenzie does something cruel to her.
- Compared to other characters, she actually cares the most about her schoolwork.
- Her birthday's in June.